Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Two Big Adorable Pumpkins

 Our kids are getting so big...when did this happen?  I just honestly don't know how this happened!  Carson told me he was going to carve his own pumpkin this year.  After arguing with him I told him he could carefully try to use the pumpkin knife but I was sure he wouldn't even be able to get it through the pumpkin even once.  (Don't worry I gave him some general safety rules too)  I thought it would take 30 seconds for him to give up...but after 20 minutes and a very tired hand Carson carved his pumpkin completely by himself, better than I would have, and even started carving his name into the side!  He made it through C-A-R-S before his hand gave out.  Really when did my kids get so big?


 Trunk or Treat with the best neighbors a family could ever ask for!

 Laney had her very first experience with cotton candy a couple weeks ago.  She didn't even want to try any because she was busy trying to get a starburst open.  She was hesitantly holding the cotton candy and the wind blew a small strand of it right into the side of her mouth.  (I can't even make this stuff up)  All at once she dropped the starburst on the ground, grabbed a massive handful of cotton candy in her hand, and shoved it in her mouth.  She finished hers first, of course, and on our way to the car she picked up some cotton candy that was blowing around in the grass and ate it.  Yep...that's my sugar crazed daughter.  I'll be keeping her far away from cottoncandy for a while!


 My best thought bubble for this one is, "Wait, you are saying its going to be snowing during trick-or-treating tomorrow?"


 I was in charge of Carson's class Halloween party!  I had so much fun preparing and playing games with the kids!  My Mom came along to help out too!  Carson is the Spiderman in the front row.  We hit the lottery with his school, class, and especially his teacher.
 When I brought him home from his Halloween party he wanted to play the spiderweb game I had done with the class at home.  So he got Grandma, Grandpa, Laney, and me to sit in the circle and he took the lead and taught us all how to play.  I guess he liked it!
 Yep it really did snow on Halloween this year.  I'm pretty bitter about it.  Not only did we not have a Spring because it snowed through most of it, but now Fall has been cut short because it's snowing in October...OCTOBER.  Summer was so short I barely even got thawed out from last winter and now this next winter is already knocking on the door...ugh...ok rant over.  The kids trick or treated for about 30  minutes before they both got too cold.  There is nothing that motivates Laney more than candy so for her to ask to go home to get warm, you know it was freezing out.  Carson got warmed up and then enjoyed passing out candy to the trick-or-treaters for a while.  We have around 300 kids trick-or-treating in our neighborhood so it was a fun night!

 Laney put these bubbles on her mouth and started chanting, "Ho, ho, ho...you want a treat from Santa?".  Too funny.
This girl in real jeans looks way too old...seriously when did this happen?!?!  Laney's latest obsession is the movie,"FROZEN"- she knows all the songs by heart, she loves Ana and Esla, she loves when Ana punches Prince Hans and he falls into the water in the last scene, we watch it over and over, she loves Olaf and Sfen, she asks me numerous times a day why Elsa won't come out of her room and why she's sad...Laney Loves Frozen!





No comments:

Post a Comment