We have a new best buddy neighbor....little Baby Ben! And we just love him up all the time! Laney gets a real REAL high pitch voice whenever she talks to him. What a cutie. Carson is pretty annoyed that now Max has 3 kids in his family and we only have 2 kids...because now Max is winning apparently. Patrick says that this is NOT a good reason to have a third though :-)
This little girl is getting dressed up for church every Sunday now...it's so adorable. She's finally coming around just a little! Now if only she'd let me do her hair.
What do you need to have to live in Grand Rapids, Michigan???? Gloves that go up to your elbows and a ski mask! Laney broker her 10 minute record on staying outside in the snow with a smashing 1 hour this week! Actually she played outside with Carson 4 days this week and it was pretty amazing! Fresh air is the best. I swear she slept better on the nights that she played outside.
Of course Carson had us help him build a snow fort in a big pile of snow in our yard. It was a very thin hole with very little snow on top...I wasn't worried if the snow fell on them while they wiggled through, although, it never did. But the night after I posted videos of them playing in the snow fort I saw a public service announcement warning parents to never let their kids build forts in snow banks for fear of the snow falling on them or plow trucks coming through while they were in them. There was even a phone number to call and report any snow forts found and someone would come out and destroy it. Woo hoo...Mom of the year right here! It really was fine though I was with them the whole time. Just kinda funny. I used to spend hours in the snow forts I had made....kids aren't allowed to have any fun anymore.
If you zoom in you'll see Carson just threw a shovel full of snow over his shoulder and the snow is hitting Laney in the face...and she STILL stayed outside! But she wasn't super happy about that.
Happy Birthday Mr. Jeff! Nothing like a late night Ninja Turtle party! Birthday's in your 30's are the most fun of all if you ask me :-)
Kids Project Time at Home Depot! Patrick worked with Laney, which meant he did most of the hammering in order to keep everyone's fingers in tact, and I worked with Carson, which means I barely had to do anything! We had a blast making wooden heart boxes. The kids had to use wood glue, nails, and hammers to assemble the box and then they got to paint. Afterwards, when we got home, Patrick looked at the box he helped Laney make and he said proudly, "That was the first thing I've ever made myself". Wow. Just. Wow.
Laney's new favorite past time...play dough! And sticking her little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse figurines in the play dough is extra fun!
This video is of Carson and Laney playing their favorite game with Patrick, "The Flip Game". Laney starts asking Patrick as soon as she wakes up at 6:30am if they can play, and Patrick always promises it for after work. Then as soon as he walks in the door both kids start bouncing off the walls because they are so excited to play this crazy made up game! They just run around and when Patrick catches them he flips them over and throws them on the bed. It's pretty entertaining to watch. This is what happens in the winter in Michigan :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment