Laney's Valentine's Day Party! Brought to you by THIS Mom (and some help from Grandma). We made "Love Shacks" with more candy than even Laney could handle.
Family ski day! Whoop whoop! We had SO MUCH FUN snowboarding and skiing. Laney on skiis...AMAZING... I could not, I mean it, could not keep up with her. She goes so fast and just stops on a dime. She went down one of the hills that has ramps and I said, "Make sure you don't go to the left where the ramps are" and she responded with, "Why wouldn't I go down the ramps Mom!?"...and with that she went flying down the hill and right off the ramp. She fell, but hopped right back up and ready to do it all over. This girl is CRAZY! Auntie stuck with Carson on the snowboard, he was off and on his own too. He doesn't even need us anymore. When we were all done, he stayed outside snowboarding by himself for another couple hours while Patrick waited in the ski lodge. That kid put in about 6 hours that day. He can go, go, go.
This was Patrick's first time on ski's and Laney was super excited to teach him everything she knows. Patrick is excited to go back and take a lesson or two. There's one video where Laney goes half way down the hill, turns to Patrick and tells him to come down slowly and listen as she's going to play "Red Light Green Light" with him. Patrick (not knowing how to stop yet), starts down the hill and you can hear Laney yelling, "Red light. Red light! Red light Dad!". As Patrick flies by her and straight down the hill at super speed he yells back, "I hear what you are saying!". It ended with a rough landing...I may have a bruised rib from laughing so hard, but other than that everyone was fine.
If you look close beyond that chair, you can see our little deer friend. We have TONS of deer living around our house, but this little guy runs solo for some reason. He comes around everyday and it's so crazy because he will walk right up to the basement window and look inside at us. We all go to the window and he just stares at us. Carson has been leaving apples and carrots out for him. I know he slept on our neighbors porch a couple nights when it was super cold too. We've all been trying to help this little guy out. Everson just adores him.
One night Auntie invited all the kids over so Patrick and I could go out. Bonus! She even kept Carson and Laney for a sleepover and let them have 2 helpings of icecream. The next day they asked if they could just make sleeping over at Auntie's house a weekly event. Ha.
Hangman with Grandma!
All three kids are taking swim lessons right now. I'm so glad we were able to squeeze them in even with soccer and basketball going on. I love that they are practicing before the summer gets here...if it ever does. Laney is swimming the length of the big pool by herself and Carson is still rocking his butterfly and back stroke. Carson looks like such a natural out there I really think it might be his calling.
Carson
Laney
We celebrated Laney and Evie's birthdays with the Brang Family a little early this year!
So much fun...way too much cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment