Friday, August 11, 2023

Summer Deserves a Speeding Ticket

 Brang/Mazzetti Family Trip 2023 was to Boyne Mountain.  On our drive up north I saw a church sign taht said, "Summer deserves a speeding ticket".  Well that just sums up how I feel more than anything I've ever read.  Gosh I love the summer.  

We started off day 1 in Petoskey with lunch and Petoskey Stone searching.  








Back at the mountain the kids had a blast in the back forty...and I'd say the adults did too :-)


We had a quick little birthday celebration for Carson...turning the big 1-4 next week!  








Day 2:  We started off the morning with the boys (including Carson) golfing, while the Moms took the kids for the 7 mile golf cart ride.  It was my first time doing this and it was might just be my absolute favorite thing to do their in the summer now!  It was like a roller coaster ride through the beautiful woods, the golf course, by Deer Lake, and then straight UP the mountainside to the Eagle's Nest.  









Eliana, you read my mind for what I was looking for in this selfie girl.  
Beth and I took the kids to Barrleback on Walloon Lake for lunch and then we just had to see the water up close, and just had to get our toes wet, and then just up to our knees, and then....they were all in.  This was my girls favorite part of the whole trip!  


Alittle down time before hitting up the indoor water park.  So glad we got to stay with Aunt Beth and Aunt Sarah.  It gets a little crazy but gosh the kids just love all that together time.  


We ended the day at the bonfire making smores and playing in the back forty yet again...I sense a trend here.  
Our kids love Leo and Alexander like they are our family.  Such sweet, fun, caring boys!  
Day 3:  The Sky Bridge and Deer Lake!  
I didn't think we'd ever walk the Sky Bridge again after last winter, but the girls really wanted to give it a try and I think they convinced Eliana and Addie to hesitantly want to as well.  I'm glad we did it, so much better than in the cold, snowy, blistery winter.  




Beach day is always the BEST day!  The drinks are strong and we had the same bartender wearing the SAME shirt as last year.  It just doesn't get much better than a tiki bar on the beach.  








The kids in this water...they were in it for 5 hours STRAIGHT.  We were at the beach 7 hours...5 hours straight of playing in that water.  After they came out for lunch not one single kid came out of that water to talk to the adults.  No one asked for anything, told on anyone, or asked to leave.  Believe me, none of the adults were going to pull them out of the water.  So we stayed and enjoyed the company until way past dinner- then headed straight over to our bonfire spot.  7 hours in that lake....now that's what summer is all about!


Photo shoot with Aunt Sarah!

Day 4:  For our last day we headed to Petoskey.  First stop, putt putt!





We had MANY hole in 1 dances.  Evie got 3 I think.  Carson refused to dance but he loves getting that hole in 1.  









Pirates Cove got a whole lot quieter when this clan finally left.  

Next stop, Back Lot for lunch, a little downtown shopping and ice cream, and Rudbeckia Farm Winery/Brewery/Distillery.  







And just like that, our summer trips are over and school prep begins.  We love Boyne in the summer, so much to do and something for everyone!  Why does it have to go so fast?!  





























No comments:

Post a Comment