At the "Critter Barn" in Zeeland on our way to Holland!
Lunch on Lake Michigan before heading to the beach!
We love Holland, Michigan! 40 minutes door to sand on the beautiful Lake Michigan beach...we WILL be going back soon.
Whoa.....took several baths to get all the sand off this boy.
Aunt Sarah came to visit for the weekend! What a great surprise!
Getting up close and personal with the lions at the zoo...real close.
So this is quite the story: At the zoo last week Carson asks me if we can go in the bird cage to feed the birds. I initially say no and explain that once I took my class to the zoo and one of my kids got pooped on in the bird room. Well he didn't want that to happen so he was fine with not going in...but Mommy just had a crazy change of heart and said, "You know what.... let's just do it, look at all those kids having fun in there!"....big mistake! Laney and Carson were having a blast with the birds at their fingertips when I felt a heavy plop on my head. Yep....the bird pooped on my head and all down my hair. Needless to say we left the zoo after that and Carson laughed all the way home :-)
Just doing some yard work with Grandpa!
Carson saw his first movie "Planes" at the movie theaters last week with Grandma and Auntie. Just some pre-movie fun at Great Lakes Crossing here!
Laney didn't get a full out haircut but I had my Mom trim her bangs because they were so long and she just refuses to wear any bows or headbands...like this girl could sit still long enough to get a haircut!
Meijer Garden water fun!
Carson's third tram ride...this is all he wants to do even though it's so slow and boring. The closest thing he can get to a real train I think.
This is the big deal of the month...Carson took off his training wheels and started riding his bike with two wheels today! He's been asking to take them off and I've been hesitant because I didn't want him to get frustrated. I told him he would fall and just have to get back up and he was fine with that. So Grandma and Grandpa took off his training wheels and we got down to business! Carson was riding around the block by dinner time with just a little help. He really surprised all of us with how ready he really was! With his first fall in the grass he did throw his helmet and ask for his training wheels back on, but as you can see in the video after he took a little break he came back for more and really showed that bike who's boss!
No comments:
Post a Comment