Monday, May 12, 2014

Nana Comes to Town!

 Big Brother gives Piggy Back Rides!
 Love when Auntie pops in for a surprise sleepover!
 Nana came to visit us last week and Carson and Laney could not get enough!  It's like they had been waiting all their lives for Nana to come and visit us in Michigan.  We took her to Meijer Gardens and to our downtown Arts in Ada Festival...and best of all Nana made us homemade donuts!  Just yesterday I took Carson to Lowes with me and as we walked by the riding lawnmowers he asked, "Does Nana have a birthday Mommy?".  Ofcourse I replied yes and told him they share a birthday month and he continued with, "Well I think she'd really like this riding lawnmower because then she doesn't have to walk when she mows her yard because she doesn't always like to walk.  Is that good Mommy can we get her that please??"

 Our lawnmower is getting fixed at the hardware store so my Dad was generous enough to mow for us last week...thanks Dad :-)  Laney walked with him for several rows and watched him closely while Carson just kept on playing.  I know when I was Laney's age I used to sit at the back sliding glass door and watch my Dad mow...here we are 30 years later!
 4 generation photo :-)
 The water is back on and the boats are sailing!!!!


 This is what I get when I say, "Say cheese!".
 Rolling out our pizza dough for dinner and not making any sort of mess at all :-)
 Carson had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house while Nana was staying over.  In the morning he went wild turkey hunting.  Yep, that's right.
 My Dad, Carson, Laney, and I went to downtown Grand Rapids to cheer on Patrick during his 25k race!  Carson wanted to know why Daddy didn't come in first?
 The 3 Musketeers.

 This photo is from Carson's art show at his preschool.  By the way he's going to be a builder man just like his Dad...oh boy.  Uncle Nader and Uncle Blake we may need some help!
 Happy Mother's Day!  I was so lucky to get to spend the day with my kids, my Mom, and my Grandma!  Patrick and Carson even whipped up some blueberry pancakes for breakfast and this time they were cooked and edible!  They were delicious actually :-)
Giant marshmallows from Nana...just what we need in our lives!




No comments:

Post a Comment