I have been trying to get a video clip of Carson when he gets off the bus to come home. Every single day he gets off the bus and comes RUNNING over and gives me a big hug. It's the best part of my day and I want to remember it because who knows how long this will last! One day, and only one, I stayed in the van with Laney because it was bitterly cold and blowing snow. I figured he could just hop in the van on his own and I could stay warm...well I was told pretty sternly that this was NOT OK. It was a BIG DEAL. Apparently it's really important that I step out of the car, and I'm kinda glad that it's that important. So never ever again will I stay in the car. I'm ready for those hugs! On this day Carson stopped short of the hug to tell me that his friend gave him a stick of gum and that he saved half of it for me.
Both Carson and Laney are obsessed with getting tickled by Grandma. They walk in the room and Laney will lift her shirt up and stick out her belly and say, "come tickle me" and Carson will start saying jokingly, "I hope no one tickle's me" with a big grin on his face. Here they are pretending they are sleeping just so my Mom will tickle them. See how Carson is slyly showing his belly?
Happy birthday to you Ms. Jodie! These parties keep getting better and better!
Cool sunglasses out of the party favor bag from Ms. Jodie's birthday! She put them on and looked over at Uncle Blake and said, "Just like Uncle Blake!".
Tea Party with Aunt Sarah!
And the dance party! I knew this was coming all morning. Laney's new favorite song is "Uptown Funk You Up". So of course we had to play it and get our dance on with Aunt Sarah and Daddy! Always some good entertainment with Aunt Sarah and Daddy get together.
All snuggled up and ready to watch Scooby-Doo because Aunt Sarah said it was her favorite! The kids actually stayed with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Blake all afternoon so Patrick and I could go out to lunch and meet up with some friends. They were extra excited to have them all to themselves! Thanks again Aunt Sarah and Uncle Blake!
My Dad and I took Laney to Meijer Gardens for preschool story time and to check out the butterflies! We had so much fun, I know we will be back this month before the butterflies are gone. If you look close you can see them!
Laney was beyond excited about the butterflies this year. She just wanted one to land on her so badly. We had to tell her about 127 times not to touch them. She didn't touch them but she started flicking the leaves they were on so that they would fly away. As you can see from the videos I posted, she did not pay attention to the "Walking Only" and "Please do not touch the Butterflies" signs. On our ride home Laney asked if we could take Carson there with us next time, and of course I told her we would. Then she said, "Well we have to tell him not to touch the butterflies Mommy"...so she finally got it on the ride home apparently!
So. Much. Fun.
They don't bite = I can touch them, right mom?
ReplyDeleteMom's right, Laney is looking more grown up! How is this happening??? I need my Carson and Laney fix SOON!!!