Monday, March 23, 2015

The Land of Princess Dresses

 Laney the Artist!
 Hard to see but there is a "tatoo" there on her foot...because now she can look "Just like Auntie"...awesome.
 Look at my new princess Elsa dress ahhhhhh!!  This rough and tough, don't care about what I wear, jump in the mud, never brush my hair, play with bugs, little girl has suddenly gone soft.  Well, softer. She saw this Elsa princess dress at Kohls last week and I bought it for her for her upcoming princess party. When she tried it on she decided she wants her Aunt Sarah to dress up like Princess Ana for her party.  (I can't help but think Aunt Sarah had something to do with this sudden dress up obsession) Ever since that day she has worn a princess dress every single day.  I love it, and then I don't love it...it's quite the process to get dressed every  morning.  And buckling her in a car seat with a dress on is always a fight...but she still jumps in the mud and is pretty darn tough...so I am just going to settle back and try to enjoy this pretty princess phase!
 Grandpa and I took Carson to go snow tubing a few weeks ago before the snow started melting.  It was a great time, as usual!  But this year Carson was way more independent and went down the hill by himself for most of the day.  I love this as well, and then I don't...he's growing up so fast I can't even stand it!

 Princess dress....again....is there ever time to wash these?
 Carson was pleasantly surprised when we went over to Max's house and found our long lost buddy Cookie!  Cookie the guinea pig was staying over with Max from Carson's old preschool.  Now, Cookie is in Max's class...Carson was so excited he just loved preschool!  And I just love that Ms. Jodie had Cookie at her house and NOT ME :-)
 Tinkerbell dress up for 3 days...kinda like a princess I guess..just a lot of dress up going on here!
 Carson had his buddy Carson from school over one day and the three kids played in the snow as it started to melt.  They acted like they were going to miss it or something...so weird, who would miss this stuff?

 Carson got to show us around at his school's Art Show last week.  Laney of course made herself known at school while Carson was giving us the art tour.  The piece right behind Carson's arm is his.
 That is Carson's principal Mr. Shubel in the Clifford costume...pretty impressive.
 Fun day at Meijer Gardens with Max!  They got to dress up like caterpillars and butterflies.  If Carson asks, we don't know anything about this.

 Little helper Mama right here!  Ms. Jodie is always so willing to let Laney help her do just about everything with baby Ben.  She's turning into quite the little Mama!
 Another princess dress...(deep breath)...so Laney spotted this princess dress at a consignment sale and she went crazy for it.  We just had to get it..and for $5 I'll take it.  She wore it that same day and this is exactly how she looked on our way out to walk to the bus stop to get Carson.  Yes, she pushed her baby in the stroller, wore her sunglasses, and JUMPED in every muddy puddle that we passed. This dress, as lovely as it is, is about to drive me crazy.  We have to pull it out of the dirty clothes EVERY DAY to wear it.  There is no other dress right now, we have to wear this EVERY DAY.  I have hid it twice just to get her into something else, anything else.  So when  you see numerous pictures of Laney in this same dress...no, it's not all from the same day.  She really does wear it all the time.
 Family Fun Night at Carson's school was SUPER FUN!  There were bounce houses, cake walks, tons of games, and what would a Fun Night be without cotton candy?!
 Carson helped Laney up the bouncy slide without us asking him to and I almost cried.  This is a rare moment I'm so glad I caught it on camera.



 Laney the tiger.  She kept growling while the girl painted her face.
 Where is Carson?  Batman is eating your cotton candy!
 The rule was 1 tatoo, the sign said it, the girls giving the tatoo's said it, and I told Laney the rule as well.  Well, she walked away with 6.  I turned my back for a few seconds and she had negotiated with the girl to get one on each part of both her arms.

 Happy Birthday Grandma!  Patrick took the kids to Grandma and Grandpa Brang's house for Grandma's birthday last week.  I had made plans with my friends in Kalamazoo so I missed out on the fun but I got to hear all about it!
Dressing up at the library again...and yes, that's her purple princess dress under there.
 This weekend we met our buddy Chet with Ms. Amanda and Mr. Joe at The Children's Museum in Grand Rapids.  Carson and Laney could not wait to show Chet around.  We had a blast, like we always do with them!
 All Laney needs is some metal around her knuckles...

 Carson filled in this puzzle.  He ran right to it and said it was just like the one he does at Grandma's house.
 Ahhhh....Laney says this was a "True Love's Kiss".
 Last week at school during lunch, the high schoolers came dressed up in thier costumes for their upcoming play, "Once Upon A Mattress".  They walked around talking to all the kids in character and handing out some bracelets promoting the play.  I was there subbing that day, all the kids were pumped about the bracelets, but I never talked to Carson about the play.  Well, when he got off the bus on Friday he says excitedly, "What time do we leave for the play Mom?".  Ugh.  What?  We already had plans for Friday night with our neighbors and missing this play did not sit well with Carson to say the least.  So I looked it up and there were still tickets for the 3pm show on Saturday...and I suggested that maybe he ask Grandma and Grandpa if they'd like to take him.  He was so excited when they said they would.  I just kept thinking he didn't really know what this was going to be like, I didn't even think he'd make it half way through.  Seemed like a good task for Grandma :-)  Well, they took him on Saturday and....HE LOVED IT!  Carson and Grandpa snooped around a bit before it began and they even found where the cast was getting ready (pretty sure they weren't supposed to be back there but hey, I wasn't there).  Carson loves to talk about that part.  He watched the whole 2 hour play and my Mom said he was really interested in the orchestra and he liked to watch the shadows moving under the curtain between scenes.  He was trying to figure out what all those actors were doing back there!  He got a picture with the Prince after the play and brought home a wand for Laney.  They all had a great time, I'm so glad he got to go because I was really trying to get out of it.  Who knew he'd be so interested in theatre?  We learn something new every day.
Cookie Monsters!













No comments:

Post a Comment