Friday, July 15, 2016

Don't Ring the Bell!

 Sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's...whoo hoooo!!!  I'm not ready to part with Evie overnight quite yet, but she got to stay there long enough for Patrick and I to have dinner out for our 12th Anniversary.  12.  Years.  Time only goes faster each year I swear.


 The kids were happy to get up in Grandpa's tree and help him take down some dead branches and leaves.

Notice any patterns in how she likes to sleep?!  One arm up, usually playing with her hair, and the other arm across her chest.  I could just stare at her sleeping, if I had the time!

 Evie LOVES her Baby Pat-Pat Book.  She really does actually pat the animals herself, although she doesn't in video I have of Carson reading to her.



  
 Slip n Slide! Anything to stay cool!


 There's a newly renovated park near us so we had to go check it out on what seemed like the hottest day of the year.



 Monkey Laney trying to run from scary Grandpa!

 There is some type of fort built somewhere in or outside of this house every single day.  Even when it rains :-)
 So Laney climbed the rope to the ceiling at our gym.  I didn't see it coming she usually only goes not even half way up.  I had to really stay calm I mean that's a long way  up...and DOWN!  There's a bell at the top and I yelled up to tell her not to ring it because I knew that meant she would have to let go with one of her hands.  She climbed up and right back down with ease like it was nothing.  It's so much higher than it even looks in this photo.  This girl!  Carson saw Laney's accomplishment from across the gym and came running over and of course had to climb to the top and ring the bell for his first time as well.  Couldn't let Laney outdo him!

 This rope climb I can handle.  The kids actually played Rapunzel together, pretending that the rope was her long hair.  I have a video it was too cute.
 Carson just loves the hammock at the pool.
 Naked baby at Meijer Gardens!  A few minutes into our walk Everson had a blowout!  I had an extra diaper just in case but not clothes.  Well, I had some in the van but it was a long way back there....and it was nice and hot so...naked baby got a lot of attention :-)

 The kids were super anxious to get to ride on the Kid's Tram.  They got there early to pick out a seat and make sure they got a ticket etc.  Well, not sure if you can tell, but if you look carefully you will notice they were the only 3 passengers on the ride!  They moved up to the front row and basically got their own private tour.  What service!  Grandpa said that the tour guide told him Laney was the most polite rider she has ever had.  Way to go Laney :-)


 Evie won't sit for very long...but Carson still loves to try to hold her everyday!
 Evie rolls from side to side but hasn't rolled over either way yet.  Carson and Laney had both rolled over by  now...but they also liked their tummy time a lot more than her.  Just this week she has taken interest in some new toys we pulled out and she is staying on the floor longer.  You can take all the time you want baby girl!
 We are trying to get in that crib!  I put her in her crib when she's sleepy and she will fall asleep watching her mobile...for her nap.   Bedtime is a different story.  She's still snuggled up in that rock n play for now.  I have a real love-hate relationship with this rock n play.  On one hand she's been sleeping 10-12 hours through the nice since she was 6 weeks old, but on the other hand, moving from a snuggly bassinet to a bare crib is not easy.  Carson and Laney were easily in the crib by 3 months...but I'm just not too worried about it this time around!  I like my sleep!

 The kids made some makeshift fishing poles with long branches and seaweed at the pond at our park...kept them busy for a very long time.  I have to admit there were several pretty large fish that actually swam by to take a look!











No comments:

Post a Comment