Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Big Storm

 Evie loves watching the kids run around at gymnastics...she tries to get in on some of the action...it won't be long!

 Aunt Sarah and Uncle Blake gave the girls matching outfits for Christmas.  Just when you thought they all couldn't get any cuter...

We all met up at Grandma and Grandpa Brang's to show off our matching outfits and visit with Great Grandma and Grandpa Schultz.

 Poor Carson had to get in there too!  The lone boy :-)
 Helper Laney feeding Addie!
Ahhhhh!
Last weekend we got to see baby Maeve get baptized!  She's wearing the same dress that all the girls in our family have worn and did she ever look beautiful!


 Maeve was baptized at the church I grew up in so I got to see some old familiar faces.  This is Mr. and Mrs. Schemph...they were always involved with Sunday School and Youth groups and were incredibly kind role models for me.  How is it that I keep looking older but no one else seems to age?
 As soon as the service was over Carson was ALL OVER cutting and passing out Maeve's cake.  Mr. Richard was so patient to let him help and "take charge" like he tends to do!
 Laney was more interested in EATING the cake than cutting and serving it...she did find Auntie and made sure she got a piece though.


 Well hello Mr. Claus....another face that never seems to age!  What is happening?!  
  
 One night Carson held a candy challenge for Laney and Patrick.  They each wore masks as they tasted bites of different candies.  They got points based on their guesses and Carson kept track.  Laney was ALL OVER THIS!
Ahhhh...this night...rewind back to the night before:  Patrick is in Seattle for work, Laney feels sick, Laney starts throwing up, Carson gets a snow day and therefore has to STAY HOME, I'm working as hard as I can to keep every germ on Laney as far away from Carson and Evie as possible, as I'm barely hanging on finishing up feeding everyone dinner thinking bedtime is in sight, a big storm hits and WE. LOSE. POWER.  The storm made our house feel like it was going to blow over. There was a kid on each level of our house and all of them obviously flipping out in the pitch black.  To no surprise, Carson comes bounding down the stairs with a flashlight in hand.  We rescue Laney from the basement, and we all go room to room packing overnight bags to go and sleepover with Grandpa.  (Thank goodness for Grandma and Grandpa living so close!)  I had to get lunches for the kids ready, school bags packed, snow gear packed, baby food/formula etc....all in the dark holding Everson with Carson and Laney holding flashlights.  One garage was stuck in the up position and it wasn't the one we needed up...so I also had to clear out the garage so nothing blew away in all the crazy wind.  The car was packed up like we were going to Florida or something.  It was a crazy evening to say the least, but we finally got to Grandpa's warm house and breathed a sigh of relief.  Grandpa read them their bedtime stories and we got everyone tucked in and all was well.  Until 2am when Evie decided she didn't like sleeping in a pac n play after all.  Ugh.  Long night got longer.  The next morning I realize I packed clothes for everyone besides myself so I kept going in the same clothes that had baby food and spit up all over them from the day before. My Dad drove Carson to school (it takes a village) while I dropped Laney and her buddy Kate off at preschool in the carpool line hoping no one would notice my non-showered, dirty-clothed smelly self.  Only, halfway home, I realized the girls left both their special ice sculpture projects in the car!  NOOOO!  I had to go back, walk all the way in, and talk to every single teacher that works there in the process. Just icing on the cake I guess!  The really good news:  No one else got sick!  A win!  Thanks for the help Grandpa.



So big from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment