Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Does My Hair Look Shorter, Mom?

 Gymnastics has been extra fun lately now that Everson is getting around.  She LOVES running and jumping down the long trampoline!  I have a couple videos.  One hour here and both girls are tuckered out!
 Last week Laney got to bring Kate with us too!
 That's Carson running from first to second base!  I don't have pics this is the best I could come up with for now.
 Evie came up with this game in our room with the curtains blowing in the breeze...I mean she plays for so long...until I drag her away.


Did I mention Evie is dancing? Well she is.  And it's AMAZING.  Not to be missed.  Check out the second video down below and tell me it doesn't make you smile.  I dare you.
 We ran into our favorite preschool teacher Mrs. Neeley at the Arts in Ada festival last weekend!

 Laney's last day of preschool was a fieldtrip to the Grand Rapids Zoo!
 Check out those wallabies.  They came right out of the fence and let the kids pet them.

 This photo of Evie was taken just seconds before the goat trampled right over her!  I think he must have thought I had food in my hands and when I squatted down to take the photo...bam!  Luckily she didn't even flinch.  Probably because Lexi does that to her all the time and she's used to it.
 Had to take a pic of that snake to show her Dad!
 The bears, monkeys, and tigers weren't coming close to the windows so the flamingos had to do.

 This part of the aquarium was, and still is, Carson's favorite spot.  Every couple minutes the tide comes rushing in.  It's really cool to watch.  Everson kept running around and walking around the corner to the other section and I just stood in the middle chasing her back and forth... I was telling Mrs. Neeley that I swear it was just yesterday that Carson was here on his last day of preschool and I was chasing Laney back and forth just like that.  Time just goes so fast, too fast.  

 Lunch party!
 What an amazing class this was...we will never forget Laney's time with Mrs. Sullivan and Mrs. Neeley.  We were so incredibly lucky to have them this year.
 Everson's obsession with sitting in chairs hasn't slowed a bit.  She doesn't even need any toys she will just sit and suck her thumb or watch the big kids play.
 She loves getting herself up on the second step and reading a book.  I can't even tell you how much I love coming around the corner to this sight.  A lot of times I'll come out of my room from getting dressed and there she will be.


 And then this happened....Laney came home from playing at her friend's house across the street, she looked up at me, and asked, "Does my hair look shorter Mom?".  It took me a minute, and then I gasped for air.  Whoa.  This wasn't just a little cut, it was a hack job.  She got upset when she saw I was so shocked, but I told her I wasn't mad about the crazy hair cut...it was that she had used big scissors to do it.  We sat down to eat dinner as I was silently trying to figure out what I was going to do next and as I got up to get a glass of water I caught a glance at the backside......holy wow...this was an emergency.  I texted my hair stylist Nicole with "Help, this is an emergency!".  Thankfully she was able to squeeze us in that night in between clients.


 This is before...
 and AFTER.  Nicole, you are a miracle worker...because I never thought it could look this adorable.


 So we have new, cute, short hair for summer!
 Play date with Ian!
 Memorial Day weekend started off with a trip to Uncle Tom's Cottage!  Most of our extended family was there so we got to catch up and visit with everyone and the kids had a blast playing with their second cousins!
 Carson wasted no time getting out on the paddle boat.  He took Laney out for a ride and then came back and picked up Olivia and Owen.


 A trip to Uncle Tom's just isn't complete until you get to fish with Uncle Blake!


 Evie and Ian getting into everything and loving it!

 Carson spent most of the day out on the kayak.  At one point Patrick got in the other kayak and they went all the way around the small island in the middle of the lake.  That's far for a little guy!  And he had no trouble at all.  He just didn't stop ALL DAY.  Needless to say he slept well that night.

Evie and Lars...oh so cute.
Getting this picture of all the kids was one of the most entertaining things I have seen.  This is the best one I got out of 10.  I love it.
This is Laney telling Aunt Donna, Grandma, and Aunt Dawn all about the HUGE, ROUND fish that she caught with Uncle Blake.  It was clearly a dramatic tale.
Well hello, Grandpa.

Laney and Owen ended the long day by feeding the fish lots of cheese, pepperoni, and left over buns...like all the left over buns.  Kept them busy and having fun!  7 hours on the lake = one happy Brang Family!  We all had the best day, thanks Aunt Dawn and Uncle Tom!


The next day was my birthday.  I was spoiled rotten by Patrick and the kids, and then again with a yummy brunch and cake at my parents house!  Last, we had some neighbors over for a little barbecue.


Memorial Day weekend did not disappoint!  Bring on Summer!


Go Girls! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Everson's Dancing from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Back stroke from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Round and round from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Where's Everson?! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Carson Up To Bat from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

She's Running! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

Jump Evie! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment