Wednesday, July 25, 2018

She's Not Bossy, She's a Leader!

 Behind Everson is this rare "Corpse" flower that ended up blooming for a day at Meijer Garden this year.  I guess it's really stinky when it opens up and it had not bloomed in like 20 years or something so, I guess it was something to see :-)  People came from all over and there was a super long line to see it the day it bloomed.  Well, you got to see it right before it opened Evie!
 Now for the real fun!
 Piggy back ride from brother man!

 This girl has been afraid of riding "Sandy" since, well forever.  Sandy is the mechanical horse at Meijer.  She asks to go see him after we check out and then when we walk by she yells, "No!".  Every week it's the same routine.  Then, last week, to my surprise she jumped on and rode him.  Way to face your fears you cautious little thing.
 Evie's first time out.  I mean.  Seriously.  She liked it so much she hits the big kids and then puts herself in time out like it's her reward. My little sweet baby woke up one day and realized she was 2 and decided she should start acting like it. 
 I can see her but I'm sure you can't.  It's worse than "Where's Waldo" I need a better camera like whoa.  Laney is up there in the middle of all that just singing her heart out to Jesus!  This girl asked to go to Spring Hill camp for a week this summer and she completely loved it.  She went on her own and didn't know anyone else going.  She ended up winning the leadership award from her counselors.  They went on and on about how she cheered on her peers all week and led them in prayers. That's right she LED the prayers.  I asked her to teach me to pray like she does and she laughed but I was totally serious.  The girl can talk to God.  The counselors talked about how Laney was able to lead without ever being bossy and how everyone wanted to be around her all the time.  This was a really proud moment for this Mom!


If you have the time, I had to split the video into 3 smaller ones, but it's 2 minutes all together to get to hear her getting her award.  Way to go Laney Kay!







 We got to have Maeve all to ourselves one day, we love to babysit!  Everson was feeding her food like she was her baby bird or something.







 Evie loves to snuggle up with the kids when they watch TV.  They had no idea I took this pic as I walked by and I love it for so many reasons. 
 Hard to see but Evie and Laney are out there bouncing around.
 Go Carson!

 Watching brother and sister climb the rock wall.
 Everson tried the rope and conquered it!  Whoop whoop!

 Carson is away at a week long camp this week.  And we aren't having any fun at all while he's gone.

 Day 1:  Laney had her first sleepover with her best buddy Kate.  Best sleepover ever.  They crafted, danced, played, had a snack, watched a movie, then fell asleep tucked in their sleeping bags no problem.  Such a fun night Laney talks about it every day.


 Day 2:  We met my parents at the airport to watch the planes coming in and taking off.  Everson LOVES airplanes.  She hears them coming long before I ever do.  She loved being so close to the planes but she also loved having someone hold on tight to her as they went by.  

 Day 3:  Boulder Ridge Zoo!

 Tons of crocs!
 There's a baby wallaby in that pouch and it kept going in and out, so cool!
 Everson loved the safari ride.







 Laney has LOVED birds since I can remember.  Even now she will flip out when she sees a Robin flying around as we back out of our driveway.  Patrick and I always laugh so hard when she points them out like she's never seen them before.  So feeding the birds at the zoo was Laney's highlight.  Actually we couldn't get her to leave.  We ended up leaving her in the cage and sitting outside for a while.  She had like 8 birds on her at one point.  She's a bird lady!









 There was a 2 week old baby giraffe too!

 This iguana really liked Laney.
 Day 4:  The library and the pool.  I was so impressed with Laney reading books to her sister!  And who should we run into but her school's reading teacher Mrs. Miller.  Good showing Laney :-)

 Day 5:  I don't know yet, but the truth is we all are missing Carson like crazy this week!  Evie asks for him several times a day and Laney even said she missed him a couple times.  We are anxious to get him back on Friday night and hear all about his adventures!  He's supposedly doing high ropes courses, horse back riding, hiking over dunes to a lighthouse, and you know, all that other camping stuff.  









No comments:

Post a Comment