Miracles really do happen...only took 6 1/2 years but they finally slept together all night. And CARSON asked her for the sleepover. They've attempted this before and it usually ends up in Laney not being able to sleep or Carson waking up and yelling at Laney for moving, or breathing, or just being there. They even woke up happy to tell us they had a sleepover! (They thought we didn't know..ha!)
Donuts AND pancakes...breakfast of champions! Patrick and the kids had a fun sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house so I could host GIRLS NIGHT at our house. I think it's safe to say we all had fun. Evie LOVES to have cereal with Daddy in the morning. Only catch is she has to wake up early enough to catch him at breakfast.
Laney the little SKIER!! And she's AWESOME! She did NOT want to take lessons this year. But I made her try it just one night (she was the same way last year and ended up loving it so I had a hunch). She cried and whined while I put on all her gear but she made it out to her first class. She fell down the hill at first, then she lost a ski and tried to ski on one ski the rest of the way (what?!), and then, suddenly, she was skiing! And laughing. And smiling. And jumping around all happy. Then her class went to the chair lift and my heart went into my stomach. I thought maybe I had pushed her to far, I didn't know if she was ready. Well this girl came down that long hill right there in the background of the photo and she was screaming, "I LOVE SKIING I WANT TO DO THIS EVERY DAY!!!". So, we have a skier on our hands. I'm just hoping I can keep up with her. Carson was learning tricks on his snowboard somewhere up there. He's still LOVING snowboarding too. One of these days I'll get some shots of him too.
and making pizzas!
Oh that pizza was yummy! And we figured out that Evie likes carrots! She ate like 15 of them before we stopped her.
Snuggle bug.
We've had too many days off of school. Plain and simple. A couple ice days along with two half days and a holiday. Right after a 2 week Christmas break. I usually love the days off but these kids are ready for their routine back. Grandpa took them for donuts one day. I'll take any break I can get at this point.
Second half of basketball season getting started!
The kids are Junior Spartans this year, which means we get lots of discounted and free tickets to MSU athletics. We got an email that they got free hockey tickets last weekend so we decided to give it a try. We got dinner on campus then headed over to the hockey arena. It. Was. Awesome. We had the best night. We thought we'd stay one period or so. We ended up staying the whole game and staying after to get the players' autographs. No one complained. Not once. Evie was in a trance the whole time. She was yelling "Go Green! Go White!" with everything she had. The kids never took their eyes off the puck. I couldn't believe the way they watched hockey. I couldn't believe the way I was watching hockey! There's not a single bad seat in that place. I'm no hockey fan but I really enjoyed going to the game. It's moved up to my favorite sport to watch live for sure. 3 hours of free, fun entertainment. It was a good night.
The next night after the hockey game, Patrick and Laney had date night at the Maryland vs. Michigan State basketball game! They had dinner at Pizza House, and also dessert, obviously. When they sat down in the booth Patrick sat across from Laney and then right away she said, "Oh Dad, I'm sitting by you." and she moved over to his side. After dinner they had a blast watching the Spartans win. It was late night for a school night, but you gotta live, right? At the end of the game she looked at Patrick and said, "Thanks for coming to the game with me Dad." Patrick was beaming when he told me that part.
No comments:
Post a Comment