We go right from Founders to our Christmas Eve Candlelight service. Everson got a glow necklace while Carson and Laney focused on keeping their candles safe.
After church it's presents and dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house!
Christmas morning we woke up to a little magic right in our backyard!
Evie was VERY concerned about who got to put the star on top of our advent tree. The big kids decided to let her do it this year since it was her first year participating, but next year, the fight over the star is back on!
Laney had to help a little :-)
Sing it Laney!
Christmas Day Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner and Evie took Daddy and Grandpa for a walk in the snow. She came back with her prized possession that we had to keep in the freezer for days until she forgot about it.
After Christmas Patrick cousin Laura, her husband Jose, and their son Sebastian flew here from Florida to stay for a few days. We were really hoping to show Sebastian some snow but Michigan had its own rainy plans.
Everyone wanted to visit with Laura so we had a blast with the whole Brang clan! Eliana and Addie even slept over which was the BIGGEST deal to my kids.
Uncle Bill even stopped by to share some magic!
Carson was super impressed, being an aspiring magician himself.
My Mom promised Laney she'd take her to get a REAL manicure if she stopped biting her nails (I don't know were in the world she learned a habit like that) Well that girl took the challenge like a champ and she finally got that manicure! She LOVED it. I got treated to my first manicure as well! I've been biting my nails my whole life with tons of failed attempts to stop, but when I told Laney I'd quit if she did, well it's pretty amazing what you can do for your kids!
We had Elliott eat lunch with us one day and Evie pushed a chair right over next to him and took her plate with her so she could sit right next to him.
New Years Eve with the Gorings and Offers!
Now that was our kind of New Year's Eve!
The kids were getting slap happy being indoors to much...so was I. In total desperation I packed up the warm clothes and took the kids to Rosa Parks Circle downtown. It took a really long time for me to get everyone's ice skates on by myself but the kids were so good and it was totally worth it. We had so much fun! I texted Patrick some photos and then right at the end he showed up to watch the kids. We ended up grabbing lunch across the street and taking the kids for hot chocolate before he had to head back to work. Turned out to be a really fun time!
No comments:
Post a Comment