Baby Maren got baptized! What a wonderful day it was!
Garth Brooks concert #2 with my friends. This time in Detroit. This was one for the books!
I surprised Evie one night with Disney on Ice. We had way too much fun together. This girl LOVED it. We both did!
One of the videos has Evie saying "That's not real mommy". All these princesses and characters come out during the show and it's so real and she's just believing it all...and then Moana comes out (which I have to note looked ALOT like the real Moana!), and INSTANTLY Evie was pointing her out saying that she was indeed NOT the real Moana. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing through the whole scene. Oh Evie you are just too cute.
This month Maeve started taking swim lessons with Ms. Sandy during the session right before Evie's. It was so fun because we got to go early and cheer on Maeve and then Maeve got to watch Evie and cheer her on afterwards!
There was a lot of food and drink throwing and catching, I was not prepared for that!
The food was amazing and it was quite the experience. Evie like it the least, but she'd still go back :-) The fire was a little much for her.
Some of our last pics from Evie's preschool.
When I took Evie to Disney on Ice, I had invited Laney and Carson but neither seemed interested. Then, after hearing how much fun Evie had, Laney was very sad she had missed it. I was feeling really awful about it. Then, two days later, we got the call from her bestie that they had 2 extra tickets to the show and we even got to sit in the Amway Suite! Bonus! You have to do yourself a favor and watch the video of Laney finding out her big surprise. Disney on Ice twice for this Mom!
Heading into Laney's Art Show at school.
Grandpa met Laney at school early before school started on "Breakfast with Grandparents" day. I was there too because I was substitute teaching. Laney was so excited to have breakfast with him and show him around the book fair. Grandpa even bought a book for her!
My favorite spot to run with Charlotte, East Grand Rapids!Laney was invited to attend a gymnastics class with her good friend Alexis an of course she LOVED it and ROCKED it. We ended up signing her up for the class that night...of course she's never gotten to go back because of what was to come, but maybe someday!
I'm so glad I took Evie to see the butterflies at Meijer Gardens when I could!
Ugh, this day...this was the day Laney had been waiting for. She'd praticed her lines every night and had been counting down the days to her Wackadoo Zoo performance for over a month. She couldn't even sleep the night before. She went to school all smiles, ready to practice her performance in front of the whole school, and later that night, in front of all the families! This was on Thursday. That morning we got an email saying it was still on, we were all still good, even though this COVID virus was looming and things were feeling really eerie. Then, at lunch, we got the notification that it was cancelled, possibly rescheduled. My heart honestly broke. I knew Laney was going to be just shattered. I texted a friend I know at school and she gave Laney a hug for me at lunch. She said all the 2nd graders were just crying, sobbing. I was all signed up to volunteer with face painting that night, so I was thrilled when her music teacher called and asked if I could quick come up to school and help with make-up. They couldn't do the show in front of the school because they couldn't put that many kids in the same room, but they were going to do the show and video tape it. She knew the odds of them rescheduling it was small. I got to go, with my Dad rushing over to watch Evie, I got to paint faces, and I got to watch these kids perform what they had practiced so long and hard for. I could have just cried through the whole thing. I took as many videos and pics as I could and sent them out to every parent I knew. That night, schools were closed down. It's surreal to think back on this performance because it was the last "normal" thing we did. I was one of maybe 8 parents that got to see these kids, I feel so incredibly lucky and grateful for that. This night feels like it was years ago, even though it was just a week and half ago.
We had a quick trip up to Traverse City with Aunt Sarah, Uncle Blake, Uncle Nader, and Aunt Beth to celebrate Nicky starting his maintenance faze. The kids had a fun sleepover with Grandma, Grandpa, and Maeve. I'm grateful we got to see our family and our kids got to have fun with their grandparents before we got shut in.
Laney's first attempt at a JUMP last time we went skiing!
Evie and Charlotte shenanigans.


No comments:
Post a Comment