Cheers!
Finding the hidden elves with Evie's class!
Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Brang!
Christmas break!!!! We made it! I can't even believe it but the kids made it the whole semester without missing any school. I have learned that kids are so much more resilient than I ever thought they could be. We have embraced more time outdoors with friends, fires, walks, runs, hikes, and have enjoyed playing more games, watching more movies, and being "bored" sometimes...but what has really kept us going is school. I'm so grateful for our school district and our teachers. And also grateful for BREAKS! We planned a ski trip at Crystal Mountain back in November and we were getting nervous with no snow and warm temps just a week before we were set to go, but alas a big snowstorm arrived just days before our trip and the temps dropped, leaving us with days of fun in the snow! We rented this big, I mean BIG, beautful house that had 2 fire places, a beautiful view, and more rooms than we needed. We got Maeve and Evie out on the slopes for their very first time and they both just rocked it. Kids learn SO fast! It was so nice to spend a few days with Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie, Uncle Adam, Maeve, and Maren with no obligations or chores or to-do lists. We all got to ski and/or snowboard as much as we wanted, Grandpa and Carson went cross country skiing, there were snowmen made, lots and lots of hot chocolate, and lots of sitting around the fire relaxing. It was for sure one of my favorite trips ever.
Right from an amazing ski trip into Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! We watched church on TV, opened gifts, ordered Founders to-go (staying with our Founders Christmas Eve lunch tradition), and had dinner, gifts, and fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house that night!
Merry Christmas 2020!
Lights on the bridge in Ada.
A visit with Grandma and Grandpa Brang, bonfire style :-) Patrick and I took Carson and Laney up to Caberfae for a day a skiing later in the week. Gosh we love it there. My sister said it and it's true, I feel bad for people who don't ski or snowboard, because they are missing out on the most incredible views.
Happy New Years! Outdoors, in the freezing cold, with just a fire going...we started at 5 and predicted we'd make it 2 hours outside with the kids. Well, they made it to midnight people. They just kept sledding, and running, and eating, and they made it!
New Years Day sledding with the neighborhood.
It's a great day to sled!
Well, we made it through 2020 and on into 2021. We are full of gratitude for what 2020 brought us and filled with hope for 2021 for our family and for the world. In the midst of so much sorrow and fear, we have been incredibly fortunate and lucky. Looking back at all our pics this year I have nothing I can complain about. We are all here and we are trying to consciously be grateful for every single day!








No comments:
Post a Comment