Our new addition to our backyard!
Sporting our Team Nicky shirts.
Laney went tree climbing with her friend Abby for a birthday party. She was fearless and loved it!
Post game playing with the coaches kids.
3rd grade field day!
Laney got to go "shopping" with her birthday gift card from Auntie. She's hooked on Target now too, this can't be good for us.
Laney's soccer team went to the Cherry Cup in Traverse City. Carson and Evie stayed back with Grandma and Grandpa to be able to go to their own games. Patrick and I got to have Laney all to ourselves! She has the BEST group of girls on this team, just the BEST. They are from all different schools and they love and support each other so much. They rock at soccer too! It was the most exciting tournament I've ever been to. They ended up winning the championsip and bringing home the gold cup!
Grandma and Grandpa Brang came to watch for the weekend too! I didn't tell Laney until we were getting out of the car and wow, was she ever excited!
My Dad took Carson to his game the same weekend and they came away winners as well! Carson had a great season with this awesome group of boys that he has played with for years. The team is splitting up next year, with the coaches going on to do other things, so we've been soaking in every minute getting to watch him.
Patrick and I turned the big 4-0 this year. Wow. How in the world did that happen? I had about as perfect of a day as I could have. Started out with breakfast out with Patrick and the kids. Then we took Laney to school, I took Carson to an eye doctor appointment where he got to try out contacts, and then I drove to Detroit with Amanda, had drinks in Rochester, and a late night laughing hysterically sleep over with the best friends a girl could ask for! Spent the day with my birthday buddy Kate, just like we used to!
Patrick was up in Petoskey for Carson's soccer tournament for his birthday weekend, so these three took Friday off so we could golf and go out to lunch. Fun Fact: Uncle Adam shares a birthday with Patrick!
And these are the only 2 pics I could get from Carson's Petoskey tournament and last game. I begged Patrick to take pitures, reminded him every time we talked on the phone. No pics. Grandma and Grandpa Brang also went to Carson's games. Another parent did send these to me from their picnic at the Petoskey State Park. These kids braved that cold water!
While the boys were away, we prepped to celebrate Daddy's birthday. First up, carrot cake.
We had a picnic with the neighbors and Patrick's best friend from when he was a kid, Josh. Between the tournament, traveling, Laney's last game, Evie's last game. picnics, and Patrick's birthday, it was a FULL weekend, just in time for the last 2 days of school. We all slept good Sunday night. Happy birthday Patrick!


No comments:
Post a Comment