Sunday, July 11, 2021

How Can It Be July?

 We started the summer of with Carson and Laney's FAVORITE...Camp Henry!  Carson was excited to have his friend Graham go with him this year and Laney went in knowing no one.  Ofcourse Laney is having a sleepover tpnight as I type this with a girl she met at camp and has stayed great friends with.  The BEST week of the whole year.  These kids come home so happy, and tired.  





In other news, Evie started ballet.  I'm pretty sure she wanted to take ballet just to have an excuse to wear a tutu, but gosh she's the cutest little dancer I've ever seen.  


We had to have some fun with Evie while the big kids were away at camp.  Meijer Garden for the win! 







Happy Father's Day Patrick!  Donuts, a new tee shirt, and Laney wrote him several poems.  

Carson went to Crew Camp now that he's going into 7th grade.  It's right at the boathouse behind our neighborhood so he was able to just ride his bike there himself.  Every night they took the boats out, rowed 2 miles up the river and then 2 miles back.  He'd come in at night, shower, and go straight to bed.  We thought maybe he didn't like it but really he was just exausted.  He loved it.  On the last night we got to go and watch them race on the river.  My body hurt just watching him. No wonder he was so tired all week!  



 While Laney went to a basketball camp at Aquinas College with some of her teamates, Evie and I would hit the pool.  

Laney has been BEGGING to get pink tips in her hair, real ones.  So honor of summer and fun, we did it!  I have to say, I loved it, she loved it, it was the cutest and most fun look ever.  Our hair dresser, Ms. Nicole, warned us that some hair keeps color for months and some for only a week.  Well, Laney's only lasted days unfortunately.  So we won't be doing many more tips in her future, but it was a fun experience anyways.   


Reading at the library.  
Uncle Tom's Cottage!  We were so excited to spend the day with Aunt Dawn and Uncle Tom, and then to top it off Grandma and Grandmpa Brang and the Mazloom's came too!!  This will definitely be one of my kids favorite highlights from the summer.  We always have so much fun.








4th of July in Ada has become our favorite.  We are committed to staying here and not traveling on this day, ever.  It's way too much fun.  The parade came back this year and the neighbors fireworks did not disappoint. 















A day at Aunt Beth's house!  We got all the kids together which is AMAZING!!!  










Farmers Market Find:  cotton candy!!! 
We've had so much fun but I have to say, I'm so sad that it's already July.  Summers just go WAY TOO FAST.



No comments:

Post a Comment