Boulder Ridge Zoo! A summer favorite every year!
We spotted a bald eagle in a field right off the road on the way to the zoo. It was definitely eating something it had caught. I've never seen one on the ground like that.
Dutch Village in Holland is always fun for the kids. They could ride that carousel all day long!
Carson has been getting a lot of fishing in with Elliott and Ian.
Millenium Park Beach with Tammy, Jeff, Nicolette, and Reagan!
Evie ended up hanging with Nicolette long after our day at the beach. She even got her hair done :-)


San Diegot time! Patrick's cousin Mike and Mayra got married in San Diego so we took the opportunity to head out there for the first time. We LOVED every single minute we were there. We went to La Jolla Cove to see the sea lions (my fav), had the best tacos I've had in my life from The Taco Stand, went to more breweries than we can count including Stone, Ale Smith, Pizza Port, Societe, Ballaste Pointe, Coronado, Mission...I can't even remember them all! We walked the Hotel Del Coronado, had the best Mexican right on the water, went for a morning run, hiked the trail at Torrey Pines, and walked until we couldn't feel our legs. The wedding was in the most beautiful place I've ever seen, and they were even more beautiful together. We got to spend time together and we got to spend lots of time with all of Patrick's Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, a parents! We did ALL the things and I am so happy we were able to go. It was everything we never knew we needed!






















While we were in San Diego the kids went and stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. We could not be more grateful to them. I don't know how it's even possible, but I have to say they had as much fun as we did, if not more. We were gone for 5 days and they didn't even bat an eye. Laney gave me a list of the fun things they did and she included bowling, Meijer Gardens, got pedicures, swam at the pool, went to the John Ball Zoo and the big kids got to do the Zip Line there too, went to Deer Tracks Junction, had Pepsi Floats and Popcorn every night, and got Jimmy Johns. I know there was more. Laney went to the track with my dad and was his "coach" while he ran. I guess she had a whistle and was really yelling at him. Things like "I've seen your Grandma run faster than that!". They had a blast. Patrick and I have never been away together for more than 2 nights. I can't even put into words how nice it was not to even worry about the kids for a minute and just get to relax and have fun. Thanks Mom and Dad!









And last, Patrick was invited to a University of Michigan Golf Outing (through Founders) and he ended up golfing with NFL legend Ty Law. Ofcourse he also ended up on the news.
No comments:
Post a Comment