Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Way Too Short

 Happy 12th birthday to Carson!  Your gift today, your 1st Covid-19 shot.  Happy birthday to you.

Carson's birthday wasn't quite what I had planned.  He had to get his Covid shot and on top of that we lost power in the storm the night before.  It was oh so hot, and long story short, the power didn't come back on for 4 days.  I will remember being hot and frustrated, trying to pack for our Traverse City trip, not being able to get my laundry all done, sweating, emptying the fridge and freezer...blah blah blah.  But I think Carson will remember it as a pretty great day (minus the shot).  He asked my parents if he could hang out there with them and ofcourse they said yes.  I had the girls with me so he got to have Grandma and Grandpa all to himself.  We brought our party over to their house for dinner and cake with the family, and the kids got to sleep there in the air conditioning that night.  All in all, a pretty good day for Carson!


No power, but Sprinkles donuts had power thank goodness!  Birthday breakfast saved!!!

We love it when our college besties and their kiddos come to visit!  Bennett, Renley, Chet, and Avett...we just love you guys!  

Carson took his best buddy Graham to a high ropes course in the trees instead of having a birthday party.  Thank goodness we did that the weekend before his birthday with the big power outage and all.  
Our annual Mazzetti/Brang Traverse City trip did not disappoint!  We started off at none other than, Hoplot!  The workers there know Patrick and I now with how many times we've been able to visit this summer.  










Laney had all the kids doing dance routines and cheers! 




I never ever want to forget this right here....Grandma and Grandpa Brang gave the kids $20 to spend on our trip, and Laney chose to buy face paint.  So she takes all the kids to our patio for face painting while we all sat on the beach.  After a while, we hear Addie coming back and turn to look.  Imagine her running in the sand in slow motion, the biggest smile on her face, and as she gets closer we start to see the paint job.  OMG....I lost it.  She was a beautiful bunny and so happy to be one.  It's a moment that will forever bring a huge smile to my face.  Oh Laney, you tried your best girl.  I'm so glad this happened because it is one of my favorite things in life no lie.  I wish I had the words to do the moment justice.  






Uncle Nader's brother, Navid, offered to give Carson a ride in his SWEET car.  Carson had been drooling over it in the Hoplot parking lot, so when he found out he was getting a ride, he started shaking and convulsing.  I've never seen him smile that big.  Thanks Navid!  









Short's Brewery Time!




Back from Traverse City and right into our last week of summer, which means Open Houses!  Carson and I worked on opening his locker and finding all his classes in the big middle school for an hour.  I'm nervous for him!  What a big change!  He found the snack machine and convinced me to let him get something.  It's the only thing he was excited about and the only pic he'd let me take.  
Evie is so excited to ride the bus with Laney and and get to be in kindergarten!  My heart can barely take it!

Happy birthday Nicolette!


Last weekday of break we threw our towels in the car and headed for the beach!  Hoffmaster State Park is our favorite local spot, the dunes are amazing and the water is crystal clear.  




We don't really have to go back to school, do we?

The weekend before school started was extra special because we got to celebrate Nicky and Ollie's 4th birthdays at our house!  It was such a treat to have all the cousins together.  






Cheers!















So much fun jam packed into a summer that was way too short.  













No comments:

Post a Comment