School starting really snuck up on us this year, I'm pretty sure it was a couple weeks too early (seriously). But honestly my anxiety and sadness about Evie starting kindergarten was rising with every passing day so maybe, just maybe it was just the world's way of ripping off the band aide.
Carson had a big transition this year to the MIDDLE SCHOOL! What?! He has 7 classes, a locker, no recess, oh and he starts an hour earlier than the girls now. His alarm went from 7:45am to 6:30am and that trasition has NOT been easy for him. A month in, I think he's finally getting used to it. I was worried about this big transition, but seriously, like most things, he surprised me and just stepped right up to it all. I don't get notes home or get to see his work anymore which is hard, it's all on him, on his organization, his study skills, his timeliness etc. So far so good, he's stepping up to the plate and showing us he was more ready than we were.
Laney was SO ready to get back to school. She FINALLY got lucky and landed an AMAZING teacher, Mrs. Ebels. I've been wanting one of my kids to get this legendary teacher since Carson was in kindergarten. She's got all her buddy's in her class and she comes home everyday back to LOVING school (last year she had zero friends in her class, they were all seperated, and the teacher, well, I'll just stop there and smile). Thank goodness for the outstanding teachers out there still putting in all the work, effort, and extra love it takes to positiviely impact kids.
And my Everson. I have been dreading this day for so long, honestly. That's how much I have loved staying home with my kids. I knew she was ready, but I was never going to be. She was so much braver and confident than I expected, much like the big kids. And I know God was watching out for me because right before school started I got a call from our elementary asking if I would be a kindergarten aide for the first month of school. I'm not in Evie's class or anything, but I get to see her on the playground and at lunch, and I get to read with, play with, and love on kinders all morning! And the best part is that I get to leave at lunch and take NOTHING home with me! It's kinda my dream job, at least for right now. It filled me up where I was falling apart and guess what, I never did have that break down I was expecting! Me and Evie are kind of doing this kindergarten thing together. The first month has turned into "for the forseeable future", so for now I'll keep doing the kindergarten thing until one of the kindergarten teachers, Mrs. Strange, has her baby (October/November ish). I'm taking over her class while she's out on maternity leave at least through December. Especially during this covid influx, when parents aren't allowed in the buildings to volunteer, I feel like it's such a gift that I get to work in my kids school. It has really "filled my bucket" as the kids would say.
2nd tooth out!
Fun at Ali and Abby's house.
Carson and Elliott are the cutest fishing buddies I've ever seen. They go at this for hours. I don't get it, but I love it.
Dress up!
We got to spend the day at Aunt Sarah and Uncle Mike's lake house wtih our 2nd (?) cousins. And Uncle Mike let Carson not only sit in his Corvette, but he let him START THE ENGINE!
Even the Mazzetti's came to see Laney play! She felt pretty special.
Patrick and Uncle Adam are coaching Evie's team again. Evie is looking TOUGH out there this year!
Carson has been putting in the work for cross country! They practice every day after school and sometimes I can bribe him to run on the weekends with me. He runs 2 miles at his meets. His times have improved every week so far, starting at about 17:40 and last week coming in at 16:28! We are so proud of him for trying something new, something difficult, and something that he doesn't always love, but he's doing it. He told me this week that he has a friend that he's trying to run with at the meets because they push each other to keep going. Cross country, you were worth is RIGHT THERE.
Laney is still teaching her "school" to Evie and her friends when she has time.

No comments:
Post a Comment