Saturday, November 6, 2021

All the Fall Things

 

A quick visit from Grandma and Grandpa Brang!  They got to see Evie play soccer too!



Laney has the sweetest group of friends and they are all in the same Girl Scout Troop.  We saw a rainbow at the pumpkin patch outing. 


Our annual Fall trip down to Gull Meadows did not disappoint!  









One of my favorite days of the year!  The day I eat as many donuts as I could possibly eat and I don't worry about it for a second.  I could eat those fresh donuts every single day so for me, the one day purge is the way to go.  





So happy this big kid still loves our trip to the pumpkin patch.





That's Evie sneaking up on me...I was dying laughing.  
Walkathon at Thornapple Elementary!  I got to see Evie at the Walkathon because I was walking my class!  So, the teacher I was helping had her baby a few weeks early, and she's decided to stay out until February.  That means I AM ON!  I love this class of kinders, I love seeing Evie throughout the day and sometimes getting a peak at Laney too, I love the teachers I work with, and I found out I really did MISS teaching.  I'm also EXAUSTED.  I feel like life at home is falling apart and hanging by a string.  There are days and nights I realize I have never sat down except for my short drive in the car, there's no time for a quick show at night anymore, and I've had to really carve out some time to workout for myself, as in getting up in the 5's to get that done.  WHEW!  Working Mom's, you all are DA BOMB.  I'm already looking forward to going back to part time when this is done.  That half day kindergarten aide thing was pretty awesome for the first couple months of school.  


Carson's first orchestra concert...you guys!!! This orchestra sounds AMAZING!!!  We never got to hear them last year because of covid. I had NO IDEA they could get even close to what I heard.  Even Laney, who didn't want to even go, was recording the music to use as a ringtone on her ipod.  We were all in awe.  That's Carson in 1st chair.  We are just so proud of him and happy that he found something he really enjoys in the violin.  

Kindergarten fieldtrip!  Do parents get to come, NO.  But I got to see my girl!  Lucky Mom!  

Another pumpkin patch night at a new place.  Laney ran into a soccer buddy.





Maeve's 5th birthday!



Time for bubble gum!

Pumpkin carving time.  The kids all did it themselves this year.  How did that happen?



Carson worked so hard and carved this cool Halloween cat on his pumpkin.  The next day he went around to our front porch to show his friend, and a deer had dragged it off the porch and eaten half of it.  Bummer, but glad I had a pic!  
Our last soccer games of the season were muddy ones.  Laney had to practically play in a swamp.  




That's Carson sneaking up on us in the dark on the back deck.  
Finally Halloween!  We didn't have our neighborhood Halloween party last year because we were too afraid to be the "Covid House"...but this year we were back.  We had over 50 people come by to hang out before heading out to trick or treat.  










The official Team pic :-)  







Carson's pyramid project for World History.  
Last week we went out to dinner and at the restaurant Laney got out her notebook and started brainstorming new beer flavors and names.  Well, she worked on it for a few days, typed up her ideas, and asked Patrick if he could set up a meeting for her to meet Founders Head Brewmaster, Jer.  Yesterday, she got to meet him and share her presentation with him.  Who knows, you might just see a Laney Cray Craze beer popping up in the taproom one day!   















No comments:

Post a Comment