Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Guess Who is 6?!

 

Substitute teaching at the girls school has seriously been the best this year.  I love getting to sneak peaks at them throughout the day.  This pic was during recess.  Laney is third from the right. 
Oberon Day!  All the kids are at school means I can slip off to Kalamazoo for a day of fun with my besties and get back home before the bus drops them back off!
Ahhhh....Laney's basketball season ended with a HUGE win!  They won the previous weekend so they got to play the top team in their bracket for their last game.  It was a team we have lost to a few times, but these girls were PUMPED up.  They played their hearts out.  Just look at Laney's face in that huddle.  Even when she was on the bench Laney was out of her mind jumping up and down cheering for her teammates.  She never takes her eye off that scoreboard either.  They fought hard and won and it was the sweetest ending to such a fun season.  Way to go girls! 

Weekend fun with the Offer's, and an MSU win!  

Evie finished up her first season of basketball as well.  She played co-ed and as one of the only girls in the league she did awesome.  She was nervous and had to be real brave out their with those aggressive boys.  She got to play against a school friend, Colin, at the last game.  She had so much fun guarding him and playing with someone she knew.  Kindergarten basketball is about the cutest thing you'll ever see. Way to go trying something new and stepping out of your comfort zone a bit Evie girl!  


Carson had 2 orchestra concerts this month.  One was formal and with all 3 of our district middle schools, and the other one was informal and he got to play with the middle school orchestra's and high school orchestra's all together.  He's practicing for a duet with his best friend Graham that will happen in April.  I love listening to him play, I wish could play like him, I can't get enough of him all dressed up with that violin on his shoulder :-)  I am just so happy they are back to being able to have concerts.  


We celebrated Evie and Laney's birthday's at Grandma and Grandpa Brang's house last weekend.  Dollar game with Grandpa, painted magnets, ping pong, cake, and lots of cousin laughs made for a pretty awesome day!  The girls were super spoiled too.  How lucky are we to be able to all get together like this!














Laney's entry for the yearbook cover competition.  She wrote all the teachers and staff names on there and did it all on her own.  I was so impressed.  

Happy 6th birthday Evie!  These birthday's really get to me every year.  Can they just stop growing for one second!  I have a love/hate with birthday's.  I feel so much love and happiness for my kiddos but I just can't get over how fast each year goes, just SLOW DOWN.  We had to start the day with breakfast in bed before school (Carson was already at school long before the girls woke up but he got his donut for an after school snack).  I subbed that day so I got to see Evie a couple times and she seemed to just have a permanent smile on all day.  Her class made her a book and make her feel so special, not to mention she wore a shirt that said, "It's My Birthday" so I think she got lots of birthday attention.  












Evie didn't want to go to bed after her birthday because she just didn't want it to end.  What a great day.  Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Adam, Auntie, Maeve, Maren, and Peri came over for dinner.  Hamsi, Nicolette, and Reagan came by for cake and some pinata fun too.  Happy birthday Evie!  It doesn't matter how old you are, you are always going to be my baby!  





No comments:

Post a Comment