Tuesday, June 14, 2022

May-Cember: Busy like December without all the presents.

 This is a LONG post...but the month of May...WHOA.  Someone just asked me if we survived May-cember.  Now I understand, and no, we almost did not.  May is busy like December, but with no presents.  We had birthday's,  Mother's Day, orchestra concert, school musical, 4th grade celebration and send-off, Traverse City soccer tournament, field trips, make-up soccer games, track meets and conference finals, I worked every day except 2 (more than I'm used to), Field Day, our Ada Moorings Race Day, Kindergarten picnic, and Girl Scout party ...we were oh so tired, but it was oh so wonderful.  The kids are so happy and thriving at the close of this school year and we are so grateful.

Carson's final orchestra concert!




Love the cousin love :-)

Carson improved every week in track and he worked his behind off.  We are so happy for him.  He qualified for conference finals in all three of his events, which he wasn't sure he could do at the beginning of the season. 
And then, there was the SCHOOL MUSICAL, "Get in the Game!".  This girl, I don't even have the right words.  She tried out for a lead role and had to learn and perfect a British accent to get it.  She went up against a lot of talented kids and she earned that part.  She practiced EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  Non stop.  She is so much more talented than I ever was.  She blew us, and everyone else in that room away.  She was the best little "Snobby Golfer" you'll ever see.  Fearless she is.  
Watch part of Laney's performance here:   Laney's Musical










She nailed it.  She had everyone in stitches.  She was AMAZING.  They all were.  


I know I've written this before, but her 2nd grade musical was cancelled just 2 hours before start time as it was the first thing cancelled with Covid.  The kids all cried and we promised them they'd make it up later in the year.  Well, you know how that Covid thing went.  So the music teacher started crying when she spoke before the musical saying she has always wanted to make it up to this class ever since that big let down, and 2 years later, she was finally able to.  I couldn't help but just cry, all the feelings, all that time away from groups of people....finally a night to celebrate and a night to remember!  






Laney's friends were so sweet, they put a special note in her locker the day of the musical encouraging her and telling her how amazing she was going to do.  It really filled her up and helped with her nerves.  
Carson ran into his kindergarten and 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Gustafason!  He's a little taller than the last time she saw him.  Love this teacher!
Birthday suprise!  On my birthday I heard an early morning doorbell ring and found the sweetest surprise on my front porch!  My neices!  I got the biggest birthday balloon you've ever seen and a delicious Chick-fil-a breakfast.  So sweet!  





We went to watch our buddy Chet play in his soccer tourny in Grand Rapids and then had some icecream for lunch (birthday, right?).  My Mom made me a fantastic homemade dinner and we had some late night drinks with our neighbors to top the day off.  It was a GREAT day!  





We met up with Gma and Gpa Schultz at Uncle Tom's cottage!  








Fun and Fitness day at Thornapple Elementary!  I love getting to be a part of all these things!  


I watched Laney literally take down her partner in the 3 legged race.  Her partner fell and Laney wouldn't stop and proceeded to DRAG her across the lawn.  That girl is something fierce when she's in a competition.  OMG.  



A boy and his dog.



Golfing and brunch with the birthday BOYS!
Laney had a big celebration for her 4th grade send off.  They hit the trampoline park and then arrived back at school to a tunnel full of families cheering them on and a slushie food truck.  





Evie with her sweet classmates Nora and Aleah.  
And Patrick and Adam's birthday celebration continues...







Last soccer games of the season.

Neighborhood 1 mile family fun run and 5k!  Our family won the 50/50 raffle and a bunch of other prizes!  
Just when you think Laney has done it all, she signs up for the 4th grade Talent Show and her act, to RAP.  That's right my friends.  She wrote a rap about McDonald's and another about her soccer team and performed in front of the school.  It was everything.  



Laney's friend Sophie has an annual end of the year party and this year, Evie got to attend with Sophie's younger brother, Colin.  She was OVER THE MOON to get to go.  


Last time getting off that elementary bus, and I'm crying AGAIN!  


Kindergarten picnic!  


So long 7th, 4th, and Kindergarten!  Here we come SUMMER!!!  Time really is a thief.  Let's hope summer moves like a tortoise.  













No comments:

Post a Comment