Carson wrapped up his Cross Country season last week. He ended it with a PR at 16:09, way to go Carson!
Love this halftime team pic for Laney's team. She's #1 and she's a Keeper :-)
Matching sweatshirts on spirit day, yes please! Walkathon day at Thornapple Elementary. Did I get paid to walk 4 miles with some awesome kiddos, why yes, yes I did.
Fun with the Offer's and Kimura's!
Sunday Funday post church at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Ranger Rumble! Forest Hills kick starts homecoming week by bussing every student in the district to the high school stadium for a HUGE pep rally. It's my first time getting to go and wow, this town takes it to a whole other level. We saw teachers in a pie eating contest, the marching band, the amazing drum line, dance team, girls soccer team, football team, lacrosse etc. It was pretty awesome. I was looking all over for Carson and Laney but I only saw Carson from afar. I really wanted to give them an embarrassing smooch, next year kids, I'm coming for you in front of your friends.
Next up, the homecoming tailgate (think university football tailgate, it's THAT big!). Laney walked in the parade and threw out candy with her school. Carson and his buddies were, somewhere? And Evie had fun grabbing all that candy up!Forest Hills Central for the W-I-N!
Post soccer dinner at the Offer's. Love this new team and these awesome families!
And then there's Nia. The not so fun part of the week...long story short she ate something she wasn't supposed to. Probably a cinderella checkers game piece, maybe a couple of them. She got sick several times on Thursday night and by Friday afternoon she couldn't eat, drink, or barely walk. We found a great emergency vet who gave her emergency surgery at midnight that night. We got her back on Sunday and she is on the road to healing. That cone of shame is too much, but she needs it with all the staples she has. She's getting tons of extra love and attention, especially from Evie. Wow, that girl is on top of every obstacle this dog could face. She's always checking in on her with me. "Mom, did you shut the basement door so Nia doesn't got down the stairs? Mom, did you give Nia her medicine? Mom, are you going to stay in this room and watch to make sure Charlotte doesn't jump on Nia?" Evie has this covered!
Carson had his first orchestra concert of his 8th grade year. They are in their regular clothes because they got to leave school early to go play with two other middle schools in the district, have pizza, and learn new music with a brand new group of people before performing for the parents that evening. Gosh I love listening to Carson play.














No comments:
Post a Comment