Monday, October 16, 2023

MSU Tailgate, Homecoming, Regatta's, Soccer Tournaments...and NO SLEEP!

 

Art in the Park!
Laney started off the season with a weekend tournament in Lansing.  


Evie was pleasantly surprised with some cousin love at her soccer game!




Meijer Garden with Auntie and Grandma!  Patrick was in Detroit for the Lions game and I was in Lansing with Laney's soccer team.  We were halfway back home on Sunday when we got a call that Laney's team made it into the championship game!  We had to turn around and head right back.  So thankful Grandma was able to take Evie for the WHOLE day last minute and for Grandpa for letting our pups out.  






So early the sun wasn't even up yet.  These weekend sports sure don't leave any room for sleeping in.  



Laney got first dibs on the trophy before passing it on to a team mate.  Filling it with whipped cream has Laney written all over it.  


This was our facetime pic with sweet Peri on her bday!  We were in East Lansing tailgating for the MSU football game! 






We had to skip 2 soccer games to get to a State game this year...it was a tough choice, especially for Laney.  But I'm so glad we took 1 day off to do one of our favorite traditions.  It's always a great day at Michigan State!  





Flip cup, water style :-) 





We had some GREAT seats.  And the Maryland players high fived the kids as they went into the tunnel :-)

The girls number 1 goal in life was to get on that jumbotron.  I told them it wasn't happening.  Too many people there.  Well, they got on that jumbotron, and I snatched a pic as quick as I could.  Lady in front of us had some nails on her!

We had a long day in East Lansing but we still got home just in time for Evie to join the tail end of her friend Hazel's birthday party.  

Carson and Evie playing catch in the backyard. Carson asked her to play, even better.  

Love it when I get to say hi to Evie at lunch!
Forest Hills Ranger Rumble! 

Evie's first time getting Thornapple'd without a sibling!  
Recess pics (my good friend Ann is the recess aid at CW so I get lots of sweet pics!)

Last week Carson had his first Crew Regatta up in Rockford.  He had to be there at 7am.  We had to leave the house by 6:30am.  It was cold.  It rained on and off and on and off.  We are all outside the ENTIRE time.  There's a food tent for the kids but other than that, outside.  The last race ended around 3pm.  Crew is NOT for the faint of heart I can tell you that!  The kids are soaking wet, cold, wet socks and feet, carrying heavy boats, rowing against wind and waves...and it was a LONG day.  But the few minutes I got to see Carson row, it was totally worth it.  I don't know when we will ever get to sleep now that the weekends are completely consumed by sports.  





Homecoming!  Carson and his buddies dressed up and headed to Homecoming after such a long day at Crew!  I was so happy that he decided to go.  I took the boys to the bowling alley and dropped them off, then went to get dinner nearby with Patrick and Evie.  (Laney was at a birthday party)  The boys bowled and ate pizza for 2 hours before I picked them all back up and took them to the Homecoming dance.  I LOVED that drive, listening to them talk and joke around.  I am so grateful Carson has such kind spirited friends.  


Dinner with Evie :-)  


Happy birthday to Grandpa!

Flat Stanley goes to Ada Park.

My friend Susan and I took an hour off of work to take the 'Treat Trolley" around Central Woodlands to give all the teachers a special thank you.  We delivered Tropical Smoothies and lots of treats, and I got to sneak a peak at Laney in her class :-)
Charlotte, have you seen any socks?  We are missing like 57 socks.  We can't figure out where they could be.  No, no you haven't seen them?  Thanks Charlotte. 
And....Happy Birthday to Grandma!!!


The Eras Tour, the movie....YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!


This Crew Regatta was at home.  Raining and cold ALL day...but lucky me I got to walk home to get dry and warm in between races.  Carson's novice boat came in 1st place and got a gold medal!
Carson's Crew team held a Row-a-Thon at Gravel Bottom in Ada.  It was so cool to watch the kids on those rowing machines...they were DYING by the end of the 30 minute interval.  









We ALL had so much fun!  That's one I will look forward to next year.  They raised $20,000, which will go to good use because they pay for all their own boats and oars.  This Crew season is really just a "club" season.  The real deal starts in the Spring.  We are so impressed with this Crew community so far.  The Seniors are SUPER supportive and kind to the Freshmen.  It's exactly the way it should be.  So thankful Carson gets to be a part of it.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment