Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Christmas Trip to Orlando

🌞 Christmas Break Florida Trip!  When our school calendar came out last Spring and I saw we had until January 8th off- I started looking for places to go immediately.  We'd love to be able to ski during Christmas break but with the weather in Michigan these past few years, we can't ever really rely on snow.  Sooooo...I found a huge house with a pool in Orlando for a great price, in the same neighborhood that we stayed in last time we went.  I booked it that day and my family wanted in too, trip set!  

Detroit Airport Starbucks to start us off!
Day 1 we flew in super late.  So the fun started day 2.

Day 2:  Game room pool competition, walked to the park, a BIG grocery store pick-up, lots of swimming and hot tubbing, and just RELAXING!  





Carson fed the kids cheese puffs like they were little birds :-)

This is the life you guys!







Day 2 was a success.  So much fun just hanging at the house. 
I don't think they even like each other. 
Day 3:  We split off and went our separate ways on day 3.  We went to Blue Spring State Park, Disney Springs, and more pool time!
Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie, Uncle Adam and the girls all went to Epcot.  Our family got up and out the door early to drive about an hour north to Blue Springs State Park.  I read all about how the manatee find their way to this Spring for the winter.  It was in the middle of nowhere but it was the most amazing find!  They count the manatee every day.  The day we went they had counted 545!  It was fascinating.       









The manatee was the highlight of the trip for me.  This whole day was.  I could have spent all day there with the manatee.  The kids loved it and then they were ready to go :-)

Next up, Disney Springs!  We walked, shopped, snacked, and had a fabulous lunch at an Irish Pub called Raglan Road....it was super fun entertainment and DELICIOUS food.  Such a fun time.  My favorite day!





M&M store!

Day 4:  New Years Eve!  Another chill day at our house.  We ventured to the neighborhood pool and water park, along with some more swimming at our place.  Good food, good drinks, great company...Happy New Year!
















Day 5:  ALL of us went to Hollywood Studios together!  Sometimes we were together and sometimes we went our separate ways.  We joined up for an awesome character lunch at Hollywood and Vine courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa!  The kids are never too old for those Disney Characters :-) 











































Day 6:  Patrick, Carson, and Laney went to Universal Studios for the day.  Evie and I tagged along with the rest of the crew at Magic Kingdom.  



































Day 7:  Pool day, Pack it up day, and Disney Springs one last time!
Pedicures from Auntie!  Line em up!





What a week!  What a trip!  We are so grateful everyone stayed healthy and we got to enjoy so much down time together.  And the sun, we just LOVE that sun!







No comments:

Post a Comment