Saturday, May 4, 2024

Springing into Spring Sports!

Back from Spring Break and stepping right into soccer, track, and Crew!  Good-bye weekends- let's do this!

Happy 12th birthday to Laney Kay!







Birthday girl ready to SLAY the school day! 

Soccer practice cupcakes!  
Laney had Kaylee, Ellie, and Abigail over for pedicures and a sleepover!  I had the most fun with this crew.






Soccer team captains getting encouragement goodie bags ready for their teammates for the 1st game of the season!


Laney's first soccer game was in Portage, so we took the opportunity to have some fun walking around Kalamazoo and eating at Bell's.  Definitely worth the drive! 











Happy birthday to Auntie!  I left for Carson's Crew Regatta at 5:30am so Patrick came through and took the girls to surprise Auntie with coffee and donuts.  Evie couldn't wait to tell me, "Mom, Auntie let us eat donuts on the floor!".  She couldn't believe it.  I guess I need to let them live a little :-) 




Carson has really been enjoying Crew.  The kids leave on a school bus Friday after school, they spend the night in a hotel or sometimes a gym floor, and they get up at 5am to eat and get their boats ready to!  They don't get back to school until 8-9pm sometimes on Saturday.  It's a ton of work, of helping others, of getting soaked in the freezing wind and waves, of being muddy and dirty...but gosh he really thrives there, and I love watching him row more than just about anything.    


 Just another recess pic!  Laney has the BEST group of girlfriends. 





This was Carson's only "home" Regatta in downtown Grand Rapids.  He had some fans!  Grandma, Grandpa, Laney and Evie, and Maeve, Maren, and Peri!







Carson's first medal of the Spring season.  
Roll those windows down! Yuck!

Evie's school Walkathon!



Grandma and Grandpa Brang came to see Carson row in Orchard Lake this weekend!  





No comments:

Post a Comment