Saturday, August 27, 2011

Adjustments and Changes

Me on my first day of "school"...really daycare. I was super excited and had no idea what was coming.



Mommy and Daddy took me to Freedom Park and when I was on the swings I noticed this train off in the distance! It doesn't move but I did get to go on it! Pretty exciting!

A family shot with Grandma and Grandpa Brang when they came to visit.

This is me eating my first crab at Great Uncle Jeff's house in Maryland...I could get used to this :-)

Hanging with Grandma and Auntie.

On Great Uncle Jeff's boat with Grandpa...we got to go fishing! I was fussy when we stopped moving but as soon as the captain got the boat going I was happy :-)




After Carson's birthday we took a trip to Maryland for cousin Amanda's bridal shower and got to visit with Nanna, Grandma, Grandpa, and Auntie! Then Grandma and Grandpa Brang came down to visit when we came back. It was a nice end to a busy and completely enjoyable summer!



Then, last week I started back to work and Carson started daycare for the first time. He was well equipped with a backpack and cute new tennis shoes...but the first week of daycare didn't go so well. He was hysterical all day for the first 3 days and it was breaking my heart....not to mention ruining Patrick's day since he is the one who drops him off! Then on day 4 I picked him up and he had pink eye. So....Patrick had to stay home with him on my first day of school with my kids. Patrick also took him to the doctor for his 2 year checkup and he had to get an anti-biotic in addition to the eye drops because his eye had become pretty infected. It was pretty pitiful. Friday he went back to daycare and still had a rough morning but finally took a long nap and had a better afternoon. He was actually playing when I got there to pick him up. It's been pretty hard on all of us needless to say, but Patrick and I are sure that Carson will love his daycare once he let's himself calm down. Right now he wakes up in the middle of the night crying "Mommy work, Daddy work". It HAS to get better right? His teacher promises it will get better after one more week...we don't know how we'll make it one more day but we will take it one day at a time. Carson was pretty happy today when he realized neither me or Patrick had to "Go to work"...I guess the weekends will be even more special now :-) We are all working on this adjustment for now :-)


2 comments:

  1. Actually I think your concluding commentary upstages or overshadows the tremendously reflective write-ups like this one. This proves valuable when it comes time to share memories in life's current downstream. Thanks for genuine sharing!

    Grandpa back to work now:)...xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ing, I want that picture of Carson and mom and me please. Thanks! Can't wait to see you guys again in Virginia/Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete