Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Bump and Two Stitches


 The light is so bright!  I totally interrupted this rare snuggle time when my flash went off.
 Laneybug on a Ladybug!
 Laney enjoyed her first carousel ride with Carson at the mall on one of our many FREEZING COLD days.  Nothing like a hot pretzel and some playtime at the mall!
 It's always fun when Aunt Sarah comes to town!  Yes that's her being sandwiched by Patrick and Carson.

 Laney peeking out of the "secret door" at Grandma and Grandpa's new house.
Carson and Laney sipping their hot chocolate enjoying the view :-)
 Best buds....no one loves Lexi like Carson does. He feeds her, lets her in and out, and always makes sure she is comfy cozy.  He even has her sleeping in his room most nights.
 Carson and Laney have discovered Clementines and LOVE to peel them and eat them by themselves.  Sometimes they just peel them and leave the rest for Mommy.
 It's been freezing cold and we've had 20+ inches of snow and lots of snow days...so one night we were desperate for an indoor activity and thanks to Pinterest we tried Snow Icecream!  The kids grabbed some clean (we hope) snow from outside and added some milk, vanilla, sugar, and sprinkles and Wah Lah!  Snow Icecream.  I have to say it tasted better than I expected.  Then moments after the icecream...
 Ouch!  It doesn't look that bad here but Carson ran right into a corner on our banister and was instantly bleeding profusely.  I held a towel to his head and never actually looked at it, imagining it was MUCH bigger based on the amount of blood that I saw.  We quick got everyone in the car and headed to the Children's Hospital.  From the valet parking to the nurse that held the iPad while he had his stitches put in, we had the BEST experience possible at this awesome hospital.  We are so glad it's here!  When we got to the hospital we had to take off the towel to show the nurse his cut and when we saw how small it really was Patrick and I instantly started dying laughing.  I was so glad it was as small as it was.  In my head, half his forehead was gone.  Whew!  He ended up getting two stitches and should be good as new in a week or so.  Patrick left us at the hospital and took Laney to my Mom's house for the procedure because she was ALL OVER THE PLACE.  This hospital was like a fun land to her.  She was taking it down one step at a time, time for her to go!  Carson was so brave.  The nurses let him play with the tools that the doctors were going to use and they even had him playing a game on an iPad while the doctor stitched him up.  He never even flinched.  He obviously takes after me :-)



I have lots of videos but for some reason they aren't uploading tonight....they are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment