Painting the dump truck Grandma and Grandpa gave him for his birthday. So much fun!
Oh yeah I love my new pants...I love my new pants...I love my new pants...
Carson's birthday party! Carson had a great day playing at his party on Sunday. We had Grandpa, Aunt Beth and Uncle Nader, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Blake, Grandma and Grandpa Brang, Ms. Jodie, Mr. Jeff, Madison, and Max all over to play in the pool and water balloon fight. It was a hot one!
Uncle Blake made Carson's day working with him and his new helicopter. Every time he lets someone try it out (which has not been often) he tells them that "Uncle Blake says to be very careful and hold it right here....etc. etc.". I imagine Uncle Blake will be teaching Carson a lot in the years to come!
Ninja Turtle Warrior!
Laney skipped her nap and kept up with the boys all afternoon...until she didn't :-) Aunt Sarah was right there to catch her and snuggle her up for a quick snooze!
I'm not sure about this face but for Carson there is nothing cooler than his new pet friend Beta Fish. Aunt Beth and Uncle Nader surprised him big time (there's a video). Carson has named his fish "Carson Jr." and he feeds him himself and checks on him quite often. Before he went to bed on Sunday night he said, "I sure am lucky to have a pet fish Mom. Aunt Beth gave that to me you know. I never got a gift like that before.".
The three amigos! On Monday, Carson's actual birthday, my Dad took Carson to his swim lesson and then we invited our neighborhood friends to the park by us to have pizza and cake. It was rainy all day but it cleared up just in time for pizza in the park! Carson is one lucky kid.
My favorite parts of the day were how many times Laney sang "Happy Birthday" to Carson and when Laney was napping Carson and I went on the blog together and went through the very first blog posts when he was just a baby in the hospital and bringing him home. He wanted to hear all my stories and he LOVED the photo of Lexi meeting him for the first time the day we brought him home. He also saw how many photos of my Mom holding him those first few weeks we have and he said, "I think I thought Grandma was my Mom". It was the best 15 minutes, before he got bored...I just don't know how he could possibly be 5 years old. I think time has gone even faster since Laney was born. Every day when I'm getting frustrated and think I'm losing my sanity, I try remember how precious every single moment is, because it just goes so fast and you never know what tomorrow will bring. Five years ago today, I was having a huge breakfast with Patrick, Beth, and Siri, driving Patrick and I to the hospital (yep I drove remember), waiting for Patrick to come out of the bathroom so they could get started with my C-Section, hearing "It's a Boy", hearing that sweet sweet cry from my baby, getting sick all night long, and waking up eventually to hold Carson and make my first phone call to my parents. It was the happiest day of my life. Nothing could ever top it...the day I experienced this love that I had no idea even existed and I lost my heart to a little boy who walks around with it every day. Happy Birthday Carson!
No comments:
Post a Comment