Nana is here!!!! My Grandma came to visit for Auntie's Bridal Shower and we were all SO EXCITED! I mean I knew Carson loved her, we all do! But when we stopped by Grandma's house the night Nana flew in, Carson went over to her and gave her a never ending hug...no really, it got a little awkward. After several minutes I had to gently ask him if he wanted to come sit by me and talk to Nana. Seeing Carson so in love with my favorite person makes my heart so happy :-) We wish we had Nana around here all the time!
Carson read his books to Nana and brought some games right over to play with her and set them up on a pillow and everything.
Laney of course decided she was missing out...she wants to play with Nana too!
So Laney has a beautiful new room, with new curtains Grandma made, and all her furniture moved in, and a closet full of her clothes, toys, and books, and princesses on her walls...but low and behold she is still sleeping soundly in her crib in the empty nursery one room over. She loves the new room but she's not biting at the bed thing AT ALL. I haven't been worried about it but she does turn three next week so it's kinda way past time. She did everything else so early I just keep thinking one day she'll just choose to sleep in there on her own. Carson tries so hard to help her get into that bed that he keeps offering to sleep with her. Laney LOVES the idea and she jumps right in there with him, but after about ten minutes she is either out of bed or jumping on the bed. So one night Carson stayed in her new room all night without her. When I went up to check on him he had made this mini bed for Lexi, complete with blankie and pillow. At least someone likes the new bed!
We took Grandma Brang to Meijer Gardens to show her the butterflies! Laney was still really focused on catching one.
4 generations...these girls make me who I am!
Had to show Nana the butterflies too!
Carson was in a book character parade at school the day before spring break. He is the "spiderman" holding his Spiderman book. It's nice because I'm doing a long term sub job a couple doors down from Carson's classroom right now so I get to see him at his best during the school day!
On the first morning of spring break Carson got up early and out of nowhere had it in his head that we should go to Grandma's house to dye Easter eggs. I asked him how he had even thought of that AWESOME idea, and he started telling me that Grandma always dyes Easter eggs with him and that one time when, Laney was in Mommies tummy, Grandma came down to North Carolina and dyed eggs with him on our screened in porch. Wow this kid has a memory because that is exactly what happened just days before I had Laney!
Happy Birthday Aunt Sarah and Uncle Nader! Last weekend we drove to Midland to celebrate some birthday's at Aunt Sarah and Unlce Blake's house. When we arrived Aunt Sarah and Uncle Blake had some fun surprises ready for the kids. Uncle Blake had his camping tent all up and ready to sleep in up in the bonus room AND there were lots of hidden Easter eggs to find! Carson was shaking he was so excited. They had THE BEST TIME! We all did.
Aunt Sarah got Laney all dressed up in bracelets, necklaces, and even a ponytail! How does she do it?
Laney was sure to get Aunt Sarah all snuggled up and tucked into the tent with her :-)
Uncle Blake even let Carson wear his head band flashlight thingy (I have no idea what these are called but I have a feeling Carson will own one someday soon). He also showed off his stellar juggling skills. When the kids woke up in the morning Carson right away asked, "Can we stay the night one more night?". So watch out guys...we will be back!
We couldn't wait to go visit our sweet Eliana in the morning! Carson jumped right in and took over the job of holding her. She sure is a cutie! And she keeps getting cuter by the day! She was pretty entertained with them this time, we got lots of smiles and laughs. They also love that she was grabbing thier fingers. At some point this Auntie needs to get a turn Carson...stop hogging the baby!
We all just love her so much. I never thought I could love anyone like I love my own kids...but this Eliana girl is proving me wrong! And seeing how much Carson and Laney have loved her right from the start....I can't even put it into words.
We wrapped up our overnight trip with some playtime at the park. The kids had so much fun, stayed up until midnight, still got up at 7am as usual, and slept the whole way home :-)
Yep, those are googly eyes that the boys licked and stuck on to their faces...these will be fun to look back at in ten years.
Happy Easter! Carson tried to get up at 5am on Easter. We fought him on it hard and won, luckily. Actually we held him off until 8am! Patrick has reminded me that on Christmas morning Carson said, "I'm glad Christmas is over because now we are one day closer to Easter.". Who says that? Easter is definitely his favorite holiday. We started off the morning going through Easter baskets...I can honestly say both Carson and Laney got more excited for all the candy in their baskets than they did for presents on Christmas. Next we headed off to church, church breakfast, and then home to have an Easter egg hunt with Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie, and Adam!
Grandma made this bunny cake what?!?!?
Carson ran and grabbed eggs quickly, threw them in his bag, and ran on to the next egg....Laney found an egg, shook it, opened it, and tried to eat it right then and there. We had to regulate a bit. I don't even want to ever know exactly how much candy she ate on Easter.
Good thing we had some helpers for the well hidden ones and the up high ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment