Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Where My Party At?

"That a beaver Mommy I can touch it..."...actually we found out it was a muskrat.  We always see lots of wildlife at Meijer Gardens! 

"I a mermaid Mommy!" - Laney is convinced that if I get her some mermaid flippers to put on her legs that she will be able to swim and breathe under water. 
Over Spring break Grandpa went with us to check out the KROC center in Grand Rapids.  It was super fun we will definitely be back.  I had no idea there was an indoor waterpark so close to us. Carson enjoyed the lazy river while Laney went down the kiddie slide about 37 times.  The kids also played in bounce houses and got to climb a rock wall!  There is a HUGE water slide there but you have to be 48 inches tall to use it.  Carson is 46 inches but he went up the steps to try to sneak on, the lifeguard caught him though and sent him back down :-(  Now he can't wait to grow those two more inches...it will probably happen within a couple months the way this kid is growing.  He feels like it will take forever and honestly I hope it does. I'd love a little slow down here! 

That's Carson way up there at the top! 
Laney Kay turned three last weekend!  How can this be?  Carson and Laney have been bumping heads a lot lately, but wow Carson came through on her birthday!  He sang to her in her room when we got her up and he was ready to help her out with all her gifts! When I got Laney out of bed she put her arms up in the air and said, "Look I so much bigger now!".

Our first guests to arrive at the princess party were Aunt Beth, Uncle Nader, and cousin Eliana.  The kids were both so happy to get in some alone time with her.  Carson asked Aunt Beth if we could maybe cut up the hot dogs into tiny pieces for her during the party and Laney told her she could not have any of her birthday cake...Ha! 





Laney had planned on dressing up at Elsa for her birthday and she requested that Aunt Sarah dress up as Ana.  Well, Aunt Sarah came through BIG TIME!  Laney, on the other hand, made a last minute wardrobe change into princess Sophia.  So we had Princesses Sophia and Ana instead.  Laney had a lot to be happy about on her big day, but she still talks about how Aunt Sarah is Ana every day.  She even prayed for princess Ana last night because she said that is the same as praying for Aunt Sarah now :-) 
Carson asked me to look for a prince costume when I went to Meijer the day before Laney's birthday.  I couldn't find one and I felt bad, I had no idea he'd want to join in!  But he dressed as batman instead and he ran around with his sword acting like a knight in shining armor. 



Uncle Blake helping the kids make playdough icecream sundaes with Laney's new Sundae Maker! 
Even Auntie tried the tiara out!  Laney was sitting inside playing with Auntie when I told her we blew up the bounce house whenever she wanted to go outside.  She said, "Oh my party outside?".  She kept asking us where her party was all afternoon.  I'm not sure what she had in mind because she had all of her amazing family here to celebrate with her and beautiful weather besides...she had the best day! 

Carson asked Uncle Adam if he wanted to play "that golf ball game" with him...

Happy Birthday Laney!  We love you to the moon!  Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Brang, Aunt Beth, Uncle Nader, and Eliana, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Blake, Grandma and Grandpa, Auntie, Uncle Adam, and Griffey for coming to celebrate and love on Laney Boo Boo! 
Silly String Fight!  This one was my idea.  Little did I know Laney would get all squeamish about silly string getting on her.  Well Carson and the rest of us had fun with it anyways!  This girl is always a dirty mess, who would have ever thought she wouldn't want silly string on her?  Next time we are getting more silly string and taking this activity to the next level! 
Bubbles! 
Carson (and Patrick) got to pet sit for some neighbors over Spring break.  Carson loved taking care of the cats and was especially fond of "Scales" the lizard! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment