Laney and Grandpa at library story time! Laney has been staying with Grandma the past several weeks while I completed a long term sub job at Carson's school. She picked up lots of phrases from spending so much time with Grandma like, "Holy Moly!" and "Let's Rock n Roll!".
Not long after Patrick started working at Founders, Carson started asking Patrick when he could go to work with him and check it out. How lucky was he when Founders hosted "Take Your Kid To Work Day" just a couple months in! So Carson got to skip school and head off to work with Patrick. Carson would describe it to you as nothing less than the best day ever. He is already asking how many days left until the next one! They got to brew their own root beer, had a scavenger hunt in the offices, and got to spend the morning with the head brewer on a very special tour. Carson was apparently in awe of the production line. In his extra time he just sat upstairs at the big window where he could see all the magic happening. I want a take your wife to work day.
Laney started soccer! I haven't actually gotten to see it yet. My Mom took her to the first practice and she was sick with croup last week, and this week I work on soccer day so I have to wait until next week to witness the madness! Good thing Grandma takes so many pictures and videos. As far as I can tell she needs to work on following directions (who would have thought that?), and she's not aware that soccer requires you to keep your hands OFF the ball. In one of the videos you can hear the coach saying to Laney, "Little kicks Laney, just little kicks"....as Laney kicks the ball across the court.
Carson and Grandpa found this old tree knocked down right in front of Robinette's on thier way out for a doughnut.
Thanks Ms. Jodie...all Laney needs is more poofy dressses! This is definitely her color though!
Carson really enjoys snagging my phone and doing photo shoots around our house. He can take 100 photos before I even realize what he's doing! He usually takes photos of Lexi but on this day he had a photo shoot with Dad. I usually just delete all of them but I felt like these should be remembered :-)
Last Sunday Patrick and I pulled two chairs out in the driveway to sit in while our kids played. It was a gorgeous sunny day. Within an hour we had 11 kids and 8 adults at our house! We ended up ordering pizza and staying outside with everyone for 7 hours. We had the bounce house up for the kids and we even had some adult games going :-) It was an unexpected SUPER SUNDAY FUNDAY!
Laney is getting pretty big for the baby swing! She went from this swing to the big kid swing and pumped on her own.
Carson earned two tickets to the Whitecaps baseball game by reading throughout the month of March. His whole school got tickets on the same day in the same section so he was super excited to go, and Patrick was excited to take him no matter what the reason was! This is the photo Patrick took when he was stopped at a stop light on the way home. Fast asleep with his hand still inside of the potato chip bag. Fell asleep mid-chip :-)
I'll be honest, dogs can be the joy of your life before you have kids, and then after kids, they can just kinda be a big pain! After a long day Patrick and I will finally get the kids to bed, pick up toys, do the dishes, pack lunches, get on pj's, and the second we sit down on the couch Lexi cries to go outside. It's like she waits for that perfect moment that will bug us to no end. But I wouldn't trade all the love going on between Carson, Laney, and Lexi for the world. Carson just smothers her. Lexi sleeps with him every night, Carson takes her on walks around our house, and he's now in charge of feeding her. Laney went with me to take Lexi to her annual check-up and she was so protective of Lexi. She had no problem yelling at the veterinarian saying, "She doesn't want you to do that!". After we got home she took care of Lexi all day telling her, "You ok Lexi everybody needs shots". Lexi really is Carson and Laney's best pal. This photo of Carson and Lexi was taken right before Carson left for the bus the other day. He tends to give pretty long good-bye's to his dog, on the other hand, I barely get a wave!
These videos are of Laney opening the tub of dress up clothes she got for her birthday. I think she had completely forgotten that she had even opened them a couple weeks prior. They are all pretty much the same I just had to put them all on here because I want to always remember how she was talking when she turned 3. It's seriously hysterical!
No comments:
Post a Comment