Everson Marie Brang
7 lbs. 15 oz., 20 inches
March 29th, 2016
Meet Everson Marie Brang! We call her Evie! We were just CONVINCED we were having a boy. Mostly because of what a couple doctors had said to us along the way and because of an extra ultra sound we needed to look at the babies kidneys, which is common mostly in boys. (although there was no issue after all but it still had us pretty convinced) On March 29th Patrick and I headed to the hospital at 5:30am to get ready to meed our baby. During the surgery our doctor asked Patrick to stand up and announce what we had. He just starred over the sheet with this confused look on his face! The doctor kept saying, "Tell her what you have!". And I started saying, "Tell me! Come on!". He finally put up his hands and said, "I don't know!". So the doctor yelled out, "It's a GIRL!". Patrick had to sit down he was so shocked. I just couldn't believe it. Patrick was searching for a body part that he just couldn't find. She came out plump, screaming, and just full of dark hair! Two of our nurses said she had more hair than they had ever seen. People ask us all the time how we could ever wait to find out the sex of our babies but I just don't understand how you couldn't want to wait. It is the best surprise EVER.....EVER! And we love surprises. We think Evie has a face like Laney's...but that hair! She also makes some faces that look just like Carson too.
It was really special to have my Grandma here when we had Evie. Especially because we named her after her! Everson was my Grandma's maiden name and Marie is her middle name...and I've always loved the name "Evie" so it just fit! I don't look up to anyone more than I do my Grandma.
The kids loved Evie at first sight! Carson was under the weather but he still had to see his new baby sister. He ended up being sick that night and missing school the next day. Grandpa really had his hands full taking care of him at our house! And Grandma took Laney to her house to hang out with Nana while we stayed in the hospital. Thank goodness we had Grandma and Grandpa here or I don't know how we would have made it through those 3 days!
Proud big sister.
As much as I dislike staying in the hospital, I knew to soak up all the alone time I had with little Evie before having to share her! Evie didn't make a lot of sense for us...our lives got a lot easier recently with no diapers, our kids are becoming very independent, sleeping 12 hours a night, we were comfortable financially with a family of 4...we prayed about it a lot and had tons of talks. I tried to talk myself out of trying for 3 many times, we were never really sure...but as soon as I saw this little girl I knew my head had been wrong and my heart was right! It's hard to even remember life without her already. We are all so in love.
This was the pic my Mom sent me of Laney having lunch while they shopped at Sam's Club picking us up dinner and snacks.
Evie is 1 week old today and there still aren't 20 minutes that go by that Laney doesn't give her a kiss and Carson doesn't ask to hold her. Does this ever wear off?
Laney likes to lay Evie next to her and play music for her and show her all her toys.
Whereas Carson just wants to hold her, and hold her, and hold her!
The kids have come running into our room every single morning looking for Evie. They actually choose to just sit and watch her sleep over watching T.V.!
Meeting Grandma and Grandpa Brang! What's that look Laney?
This is what I found when I got out of the shower one morning. Carson set up a bed for himself so he could just sit and stare at Evie while she slept. He keeps an eye on her!
A visit from Aunt Sarah!
My favorite pic!
Aunt Sarah watched Evie for a bit so I could take the kids out for ice cream. It was snowing outside but it's never too cold for ice cream.
One busy week down! Lots of love here...lots of exhaustion too! We've had lots of help and it's still a big adjustment having 3 kids! We wouldn't have it any other way though. Evie is going to love having a big sister and brother!
No comments:
Post a Comment