Monday, April 25, 2016

Smitten

 A few left over from Laney's birthday...the top is breakfast in bed.  A MUST HAVE for both my kids this year.  And the bottom is of Laney celebrating at preschool.

 Both the kids gave Evie her first real bath once her belly button was ready.  It was a lot of hands!  Evie LOVES her baths.
 Evie likes to listen to Carson read his homework to her.
 Carson is just so in love with this little girl.
 Last Saturday my Dad went to the house in Clarkston and to take out the fence in the backyard along with some other small jobs and he asked Carson to come and be his helper.  Carson was shaking with excitement to go and apparently he worked and helped all day long.  This kind of stuff is right up his alley.  What kids wants to work all day on their day off?  This kid does!  Especially if Grandpa is his partner!


 Auntie even made his favorite dinner for all his hard work...hotdogs!

 Laney wore this outfit too....sometimes I just can't even handle the cuteness.
 On our warm day Laney ran through the sprinkler while Evie napped in her chair.  We got to play outside for 2 hours!  The baby chair worked out well.



 This cuteness I just can't even handle at all! Laney was the cutest little soccer player I have ever seen, EVER.  Her uniform is a little big and the ponytail...ahhh!!


She's playing on a 4-6 year old co-ed league and her birthday was 4 days before the cutoff so she is the smallest and the youngest way down there on the end.  She was a little out of her element with the rest of the team obviously having some more experience than her.  But she hung in there and made some BIG KICKS!  We are so proud of her.

 She's not the one with the ball but she is running across the field in the back left.
 Laney's preschool had a "Dad's Day" last week in honor of Father's Day.  Patrick went to school with her all morning and they did special Daddy/Daughter activities.  They both had a blast.  How cute are those shoes?!  What do you think Aunt Sarah?!
 Found a camo outfit to show off to Great Uncle Jeff and cousin Austin.



 Laney STILL doesn't let 10 minutes go by without hugging and kissing Evie.  Evie loves looking at her.  Laney is my big helper!  She wants to be a part of every diaper change and now she is really into picking out outfits for her.  She's also battling a little bit for Mom's time.  So I've been making sure we have some of our own playtime every day too.  The laundry can wait, right?
On Saturday me and Evie drove out to Clarkston with Grandma and Nana for a baby shower and Patrick took Carson and Laney to the Spring football game at Michigan State.  It was there first time in the stadium.  Carson really enjoyed the whole experience (surprisingly) and Laney, well she really enjoyed the concessions (not surprising).  

Oh this sweet baby!  She's 3 weeks old already!  She slept from 10pm-5am one night...thank YOU!  And other nights it's still just once or twice a night.  I can't complain!  She just loves her play mat and she's starting to grab the toys that hang from it.  She also loves looking at Carson and Laney.  She grabs my shirt when she's sleeping on me like she doesn't want me to put her down which is just the best.  She hasn't full out smiled on purpose but you can tell it's coming.  I used to update this blog every two days when Carson was a baby...and now it's nothing short of a miracle that I found the time to get this update completed... two weeks after the last one!  Actually it's really because Grandma Brang came to town to go to Founders "Take  Your Mom to Work Day" with Patrick.  (Yes that's a thing and I'm pretty sure it involved a lot of drinking)  

So Grandpa Brang came over to hang out with me, Laney, and Evie while Patrick and Martha had bonding time, and Laney was all over having Grandpa all to herself.  While they played dress up and went to the park, I finally got started on this post! Something I've been trying to squeeze in for a couple weeks.  Life with three is BUSY BUSY BUSY!  A couple nights Patrick and I have had ordered our dinner around 9pm when we realize we haven't eaten, and getting out of the house to run errands takes 4 times as long as it used to.  And how about these errands?  I swear I didn't have this many errands and stops to make pre-Evie.  Or maybe it was just a lot faster and easier I don't know.  Sometimes I will run out to make some stops and leave Evie with my Mom since she's out by all the stores and I feel like I can move 10 times faster.  I appreciate that time SO much.  Evie has been everywhere already though, Meijer, Target, hair saloon, Sam's Club, church, Meijer Gardens...the list goes on and on.   We picked up 25 bags of mulch to start working on the yard and even with my Dad's help I only got one small section done.  We usually knock it out in one day...but this may take us until the end of summer.  Three is busy, but Evie makes it so worth it.  She is just so laid back and happy...most of the time :-)    We are all pretty smitten with her.  



No comments:

Post a Comment