Friday, May 13, 2016

Smoker, I'm Open!


 Evie will just lay there and fall asleep during her tummy time.  All three kids love sleeping on their stomachs.
 Princess Rapunzel!
 I got to go to school with Laney for a Mother's Day Tea last week.  She painted me a flower pot and prepared fruit kabobs for our snack! I got to hear her sing all her school songs and sit on the carpet with her for circle time.  It was so nice :-)
Everson with Nana :-)
My Mom's cousin Jill and my Great Aunt Nola came up to visit!  Evie had lots of people to snuggle with!

We even got the iphone camera timer going...my Mom's new favorite thing.


Long story somewhat short, our deck was painted red initially by the previously owners.  For the last couple years the paint has been peeling off in some places but sticking like glue in others.  What do you do?  Call Uncle Blake!  I don't think he knew what he was in for when we agreed to come out and help up take the paint off.  But, he brought his tools and put on a smile and got to work!  I can't tell you what he brought but there was a mini workshop set up in our garage and we are still in awe of Uncle Blakes building and fixing skills!  Power washing didn't take the paint off so we had to rent a huge sander that my Dad had to basically stand on top of.  It was a grueling two days with Blake and his helpers, Patrick, Grandpa, and Carson of course.  Even still this week my Dad worked on sanding the steps for several hours.  I did replace the railings on the steps so I guess I'm part of Blake's workforce too :-)  Now for staining it, that's my job, now if the weather would just cooperate and someone would come over and hold this cute baby then this project could be complete!

Gotta have ear protection!
Aunt Sarah was a big help with the kids.  She took Carson to his soccer game on Saturday while I ran out to get lunch for everyone and the guys kept working away!

We can't thank you enough Aunt Sarah and Uncle Blake!  

Happy Mother's Day!  I got to spend the day with my family including my Mom, Grandma, and sister!  Doesn't get much better than that!
It's hard not to pick her up when she's sleeping so soundly, I just want to snuggle her all the time!

Eating outside on our almost finished deck!
We've recently become acquainted with Jeff Smoker, yes, THE Jeff Smoker as in the former quarter back for Michigan State.  We were outside hanging out with the neighbors one night this week while Patrick was working late.  I sent Patrick this photo of Jeff throwing the football to Carson.  He's WAY down there if you look close, and it was all Carson's idea believe it or not!  It's like he saw Jeff and just knew to run and grab a football.
Then this photo of Laney tackling the once NFL player.  Perhaps this was the last sack of his career?!  Patrick was pretty tickled to say the least.  That night Patrick showed Carson some old game footage from when he was quarterback and tried to explain who he was playing with to Carson, but Carson didn't really get it or even care.  He just wanted someone to throw him the ball.

Everson is 6 weeks old and sleeping like a champ still.  I got 4 full night sleeps in a row, 8 hours each night...and now we are back to getting up once a night again.  We are getting there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment