We are REALLY into dress up these days!
This is Evie at 1 month old! I have to say that first month FLEW by. She is really grabbing at her play mat toys and she finally started smiling at us this week! We've only had one long night where she was awake for quite a while, but other than that she's still just getting up once or twice a night. Last night she was only up once for about 20 minutes from 9:30pm-7am. I'll take it!
Carson took a day off school to go with Patrick to work for "Take Your Kid To Work Day"! He had a blast. They played some games, took a tour of the new facility, and had a "Make Your Own Bottle Lable" Contest. Carson came in first place for the younger kids group! He was beyond proud. He must see a lot of beer labels around because his label was pretty accurate with some that we have in our fridge :-) For lunch they had a creative peanut butter and jelly making contest with all sorts of marsh mellows and bacon and whatnot. Yum.....not.
Daddy Snuggles.
Carson came home from school one day and made this long, long, long sentence (should be about 3 sentences but I'm not saying a word). It reads "I love you Evie you are the best girl in the world I love you so much I love you more than anything you are the best baby and girl in the world." Then he hung it on our dresser right next to where she sleeps. No wonder Laney is getting jealous!
Some days Laney doesn't want anything in her hair....other days, oh just every barrette we can find. Check out those socks with the sandals too!Laney took a decent selfie of the three of us. This is how it pretty much always is when I'm holding Evie. Laney is right up in there.
Getting those first smiles are just the best.
Evie is holding her head up on her own really well! She even got to turn around in the carrier so she can see!
In other news, this week I called and scheduled a babysitter from down the street so I could go to a meeting at Carson's school, and then I forgot to let her know when I no longer needed her. So that was nice of me. I still feel so bad! And one morning I thought I was on top of everything...I put pork bbq in the crock pot before leaving the house for Laney's play date with her preschool friend and my hair appointment. I figured then dinner would be ready for us when we got back because I knew we'd out for several hours. Well, during my haircut I suddenly had a feeling I never actually turned on the crock pot. And low and behold I did not. So...the meat was ruined and no dinner! So much for being on top of things. I ended up scrounging something together for everybody to eat around 7:30pm that night when the kids are normally already in bed. Do brain cells come back once you lose them?
No comments:
Post a Comment