Everson is entering that stage where her toys are boring but anything in the kitchen is super fun!
The first weekend in December this Mom took off for an all girls weekend! That's right, two days and nights of fun and laughter, eating out, sipping coffee, staying up late, sleeping in, and no plans...all with my best friends! Just doing whatever we wanted whenever we wanted and it was AMAZING! We were so good about doing a yearly trip for so long but it's been a couple years now so it's good to be back on track. Well, the weekend wasn't just awesome for Mom, the kids had a busy weekend with our Ada Tinsels and Trolleys festival, The Santa Parade, and the Ada Chili and Beer cook off! Lucky for Patrick my Dad was here to help take the whole crew everywhere for all the fun. I think they had as much fun as I did, and that says a lot!
That's Laney's preschool teacher Mrs. Neeley's daughter painting her face. She also babysits for us sometimes. I can't tell if that was Sarah or Hannah in the pic they are identical twins.
Candy!!!
First snowmen of the season.
Aunt Beth and Uncle Nader got Carson a game for his birthday called "Poopyhead"...thanks a lot Aunt Beth :-) We FINALLY got it out and have been playing it this month. We just love it...and we will get you back some day!
Lexi has been trying to claim the baby boppy pillow as her own lately. I will put it away with all the toys at night and in the morning it will be right back over by her bed. Sneaky dog!
Last week Carson's school was without power so he got to have a random day off school. Grandpa took him to Peace Park up the road and they went hiking in the snow!Play dough creations!
Oh this baby! She is all over the place lately. She rolls wherever she wants to go and she scoots backwards. She especially loves when the kids get on the floor and hide from her. I have so many videos of her cracking up when they peek around corners. Evie is also really into playing catch back and forth with Laney and Carson and she loves giving high fives to Patrick! Ever since I was gone for the weekend Evie has been especially fond of Daddy! It's all "Da-da-da-da-da". She gives him the biggest smiles and is just always looking for his attention. It's very exciting when he comes home from work everyday. Good things come from girl's weekends I'm just sayin!
Laney and Thapasya playing in the snow! Laney gets all her snow gear on and off herself so I send those kids outside every chance I get!
The kids dragged Patrick out for some sledding this weekend.
That's my view of Laney trying to pull Patrick!
With the big snowstorm we stayed put over the weekend and did a lot of baking when we were inside trying to stay warm!Cutout cookies are a favorite tradition of ours every year. The kids talk about making these most of all I think.
I only have pictures of Laney getting to frost the cookies because Carson ended up at the hospital Sunday night. With all the sledding and outdoor play you would think that's where he got hurt...but no. It was standing in our kitchen taking his boots off. He put his had in the door jam real quick to balance himself as he took off his boots at the exact same time that Laney was shutting the door to use the bathroom. She had no idea his hand was there it was an unfortunate accident. So off Patrick went to the Children's Hospital, right in the midst of the big snowstorm we had been staying home to avoid. Apparently it was a wild ride on the way there but he was glad he took him. Carson broke the tip of his finger, but, all he has to do is where a splint, no big deal! He does have a deep cut at the base of his nail so that makes it look much worse than it is. He feels faint when we change his bandage and he looks at it, but he will survive! He's lucky it's his left hand so it won't effect his writing. He's in good spirits and he was really excited that I would pack his backpack up for him in the morning. So funny. He was perfectly capable to do it but if that's all he wants for this week then I guess I can oblige!
Carson was pretty scared to have to go to the hospital, but on the way home he said to Patrick, "Dad, if you had told me they would give me a slurpy and let me watch 'Angry Birds' I would have wanted to go!".
On the kids snow day we took a quick trip to Grandpa's house so the kids could go on a snow hike in the woods, build a snowman, and have hot chocolate. Sledding 2 from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Sledding 1 from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Cup giggles from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
High fives from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Laney sneaking from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Laney is so entertaining! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Evie laughs at Laney from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment