Monday, December 26, 2016

A Christmas to Remember!

 Evie's new favorite thing is to roll the ball back and forth with Carson or Laney!
 Banana!

Everson checks out Lexi a lot now.  She is very aware of her when she's in her high chair eating and she's caught on to dropping food for her to snag on the floor. 

 Carson and Laney were a part of the Children's Christmas Pageant at church a couple weeks ago.  Carson was a donkey (upper right) and Laney was a lamb (cute santa dress right up front).  They were good little singers!


 Our little elf!  We remember Laney wearing this outfit and it feels like it was just yesterday!
 One day Everson was on Patrick's shouders and she spit up all over his head.  Carson will tell you ALL about it if you ask him.
 Ahhhh the 4 year old preschool program is NOT to be missed!  It was our favorite thing when Carson was in preschool and this year with Laney...well she stole the show!  As she walked on to stage with her friends she spotted Grandma in the crowd and yelled, "Hi Grandma!" over and over waving.  Then when Evie caught Laney's eyes both of them just lit up!  It was like Evie hadn't seen her sister in years!
Laney knew every word and movement and she was so happy to be on stage.  Being on stage is pretty far out of Carson's comfort zone so it was interesting to see how different Laney was, she was in her element up there!




 Everson and baby Maeve!
 Laney's day of fun with her buddy Will!


 Patrick took the day off when it was time for Carson's school holiday party so we both got to go again!  When we got there Evie had fallen asleep so we just left her in her carseat up front away from everyone.  At some point the teacher ended up calling the kids up to the carpet and we had kinda forgotten about her...a parent said to me, "Gosh they are all petting her like she's a dog or something.".  I looked over and all the kids were all over her with their hands in her face just rubbing on her.  So much for keeping her out of the way, whew!  She slept right through all that.  When she did wake up Carson had to carry her around and show her off to all his friends.
 This year Carson and Laney made ornaments out of clay and painted them to give as gifts.
 And we can't go without some good old gingerbread house creating!  A favorite in our house!

 Christmas Eve morning we opened gifts from each other.  This pic is of Carson and Laney exchanging the gifts they picked out for each other.  They were sooooo happy...Carson said the gift Laney got him was his favorite gift of all time ever.  She ordered him a rock/gem collection and when he opened it he screamed, "Just what I always wanted!  Rocks!".  Yep.  Never thought I'd hear that phrase from one of my kids.


 We are on Candy Land over drive here.  Laney and I play it at least 18 times a day and that is no exaggeration!  Then she hits Patrick up for more Candy Land fun as soon as he comes in the door.  Laney plays to win but she really wants those candy cards even if it means she has to move backwards.  Anything for that candy!
 Ready to get this Christmas Eve celebration started!  These are my favorite, most treasured gifts right here.  They just can't possibly even know...
 First stop was our second annual lunch at Founders with Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie, Uncle Adam, and this year, Maeve!


 Next up was church...the kids love the candle light service.  It was a packed service so we ended up a little out of our element way up in the second row, which was really the first row because no one was in front of us!  I wasn't really sure how the kids would do way up front, where uh hum, everyone can see their every move...but we ended up having an awesome brass quartet right in front of us and the kids were so mesmerized seeing everything up close that it worked out really well.  Laney even drew some pictures for Jesus during the sermon and asked Patrick if he could make sure he got them, since it was his birthday and all.

 And then last but not least, dinner and presents at Grandma and Grandpa's!

 What is everyone so excited about today?!?!

 It was a long day but man it was so fun.  We were all exhausted when we finally got home late night. We slid the kids into bed and prayed that they would be tired enough to sleep in a little extra...
 and then 5:30am hit and Carson was the first to call us up.  We have a strict 7am rule in our house but it was Christmas so we had to bend a little...but then again I didn't want to wake up Evie because we had been out so late.  So I got into bed with Laney and we snuggled and chatted while we waited a bit.  And not long after Carson even came in and hopped in bed with us...and then Daddy came up all excited and hopped in too!  All four of us in Laney's double bed!  It was honestly one of my favorite moments.  Laney was holding my face telling me all about how exciting this was and how this was going to be the best day of her entire life.  Finally, at about 6:45 we just couldn't wait anymore and we all ran downstairs together.  I was slightly hopeful Evie would still get to sleep but the screaming started before we even got halfway down the stairs!  I didn't get many photos but there was lots of ripping presents open, screaming, laughing, and jumping up and down.  After it was all over I walked upstairs to check on Everson and...
 this is what I saw!  This girl sat herself up, turned on her mobile light, and turned on the mobile!  She was happy as can be playing with the dangling toys.  Don't you just wonder what she was thinking hearing the kids with all those gifts?!

 Christmas Day did not disappoint!  We started off with a special breakfast and lots of playing with toys and then Grandma and Grandpa Brang came by!
 The kids got some more gifts and they got to play lots of UNO Attack too!  I was getting food ready for dinner so I'm not sure exactly what was going on but there was a ton of belly laughing so it must have been good!

 I didn't get many more pics but later in the day Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Adam, Auntie, and Maeve came to join us all for dinner and more fun!  It was another late night for all of us and so well worth it!  I don't remember a Christmas as fun as this one.  I think 4 year old is the sweet spot for Christmas as far as Santa Claus goes.  Carson was so fun the first year we lived here when he was 4 and I just don't know if there could have been a child more excited than Laney this year at 4 years old.

 To wrap up the night I asked Laney if Evie could jump in the bath with her and I don't know who was more excited between the two of them.  Laney said, "This is so much sister fun!".  Everson was just kicking and jumping everywhere with excitement to be like a big girl with her big sis!





Ripstick from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Just what I wanted! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Star wars from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Stuck from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Evie giggles from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
I've always wanted rocks! from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Ninja dancing from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Laney performing and a little extra :) from ingrid brang on Vimeo.
Laney plays guitar from ingrid brang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment