Monday, December 5, 2016

Santa, Christmas Trains, and a Music Teacher

 Christmas lights went up before Thanksgiving this  year because we just couldn't resist getting it done during the unseasonably warm weather!

Speaking of lights, our electricity randomly went out one night for a few hours.  This is a pic of Laney reading all of us a book by flashlight.  They were way to nervous to ever fall asleep so we shipped them over to Grandma and Grandpa's house just in time for the lights to come back on!



 The many adorable faces of Everson!


 We love getting to visit with baby Maeve!


 This is one of my favorite pictures of Evie.  I don't know what it is, but I just love that face!
 Thanksgiving day I had lots of helpers before our guests arrived!  Carson and Laney really enjoyed popping the green beans!
 We had Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Adam, Auntie, and Maeve, Grandma and Grandpa Brang, Uncle Nader, Aunt Beth, Eliana, and Addie, and also co-worker of Patrick's, Susana and her family.  Susana and her family are here from Spain so this was their first Thanksgiving.
These two are such good buddies I love it!!!



 Evie and Addie checking each other out....well hello friend!
 Laney showing off her writing skills to her Grandma's!


 It was a such a fun Thanksgiving, however, by the time we were finally done cooking, serving, and cleaning up the meal and I was ready to hang out with everyone...everyone had to get going home! So I just hung out with Evie for a bit :-)
 The day after Thanksgiving I did some early morning shopping and then we got right to Christmas decorating!
 Over Thanksgiving weekend Patrick also took Carson and Laney to Flint to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Brang!  Grandma took them to the movies and she also let them help her decorate their Christmas tree.  They had so much fun with her...of course Patrick didn't get a single photo!  Ugh!
 That same weekend the kids got to help Grandma and Grandpa decorate their tree as well!  My kids are really into this Christmas season that's for sure!


 Laney just can't help but dance to the music while she decorates.
Scrambled eggs mmmm!
Laney and I took Evie to the park on her 8 month birthday!  Such a big girl!

Carson came home from school all excited that his music teacher was going to be singing carols at Meijer Gardens that night, so we all hopped in the car and met Grandma and Grandpa there to check it out!  First stop, a visit with Santa!  Evie was very interested in his long white beard!

Next stop, the trains!  Carson's favorite every year.



When we finally found Mrs. Forsland singing, Carson just stopped dead in his tracks and watched her with such joy on his face!  I've never seen the kid sit so still for so long!  He really enjoys music and just loves his music teacher.
During one of the last songs Mrs. Forsland came out in the crowd and gave Carson her jingle bells to play while they sang.  Out of all the kids he was the only one with an instrument and it was like he was the luckiest kid in the whole world at that moment.  It was totally worth jumping in the car leaving the dishes and the dinner mess behind to stay out late on a school night.
Mrs. Forsland is directly behind Carson in the picture.  What a special night!












No comments:

Post a Comment