Saturday, May 19, 2018

Busy Kids and Busy Times


 Happy Birthday to Addie!  So much fun celebrating and Aunt Beth and Uncle Nader's house for the day...especially with their new playset!





 This girl in a pony tail...I can't even...and she totally knows it!



 We used Laney's lunchbox (since she was buying hot lunch) to take Everson's lunch to the park for  a picnic.  She was so excited about using Laney's lunchbox I swear I think she thought she was going to school with the big kids.  She wouldn't put it down!

 Carson was pulling Everson around the block over and over in the wagon while he was on his hover board (the kid has mad skills), and about the 4th time around he came by with an extra baby!  He stopped and asked our buddy Hazel if she wanted to ride to and apparently she did!  Her parents were so sweet to let Carson take the two of them around the block a few times.  Hazel always waves to Carson whenever she sees him ever since that day.
 The kids had a half day last week so I took them to the Impression 5 Science Museum in Lansing for the afternoon.  Grandpa came along for the adventure too!







Afterwards we had to make a stop at MSU to get a special treat at the Dairy Store and pick up some ribs at the Meat Lab!  I need to always remember to take a cooler when we drive through East Lansing because we brought home some awesome dinner and some yummy ice cream for Mother's Day!

 Happy Mother's Day!  We had the nicest day!  It started off with lots of hugs and cuddles and breakfast in bed from Carson and Laney.  Everson was excited to join in on the fun when she finally got up.  Laney even brought me coffee with some whipped cream on top :-)  Afterwards we headed off to church and I got to teach Laney's Sunday School class one last time this school year.   Then we got to spend the afternoon with Auntie, Uncle Adam, Maeve, Grandma, Grandpa, and Nana!  I'm one lucky Mama!





 Y'all make me so happy I could just explode.

4 generations!

And now onto the weekend of Laney!  This girl, she is just a little wonder.  She's determined, curious, and ever so passionate about the things she loves!  We started off the weekend with her dress rehearsal on Thursday night.  Thank goodness we have Grandma here because there was no way I was getting her hair to stay back in a bun like that.  The rehearsal went way past her bedtime but she was all in and set to practice for her big performance.  

The next day, Friday, she had her end of the year musical "Sing" at school.  She wanted us to sit right up front and center so we could see her every move.  She also announced to the class, teachers, and audience that her dad drinks "a lot of beer" after her teacher made a slip and said beer instead of another word.  Oh Laney you always keep us smiling!
 





 Can't say enough about Carson and Laney's music teacher.  She's AMAZING.  Great job Laney!

Friday wasn't over with that performance though.  Laney was asked by her former soccer coach to attend a practice with his team in the next league up and to substitute and play with them in their game on Saturday because they were down one player.  Laney was a solid "YES" when we asked her.  She played her heart out in practice oh my goodness I've never seen her run like that!  She was exhausted afterwards but she held her own and the girls on the team were so kind to her.  They were so welcoming and grateful that she was willing to play with them.  Laney had to take in a lot, especially since they don't play specific offensive and defensive positions in her league yet.  As exhausted as Laney was by Friday night, she had written every single one of those girls a thank you note within 15 minutes of getting home.  They all said, "Thanks for being the best teammates ever!".
 Saturday, the BIG day.  Carson and Laney both had 8am games at different parks.  And of course it was raining cats and dogs all morning, so we all got soaked.  I wish I had more pics but I actually left my phone in the car because it was raining so hard!  Laney's team played awesome through the terrible weather.  Evie loved her umbrella until she decided it would be more fun to be soaking wet.  So we went with it!  
 As soon as game 1 ended, I ran Laney to the van and she changed out of her soaking wet pink uniform into her new golden uniform and we were off to the next park for her second game with the big kids!  Patrick and Carson met us there.  (I should mention Carson played awesome at his game too) Laney played her second game from 9:30-10:30 and there was honestly not one dry spot on her by the end.  We all ventured home,  muddy, soaking, chilled....and took hot baths and showers.  Laney had just a couple hours to rest up for the big recital!
 Grandma getting Laney's hair ready for the big performance.  She isn't crying just hiding her eyes from the hairspray!
 I have a video of Laney's dance from her rehearsal but I kept my phone in my purse for her recital.  I had Everson on my lap and I really just wanted to take it in and enjoy it...and we all did just that!  This girl read a book about ballerina's last Fall and decided she wanted to be one.  And after 3 months of hard work, she is a ballerina!  You are so brave and strong Laney Kay, I just can't get over you sometimes.  You really can be whatever you want to be!

 Laney survived what was probably her busiest 3 days ever.  Dress rehearsal, soccer practice with 7 and 8 year olds, 2 soccer games at 2 parks in the pouring down rain, and a ballet recital.  We all survived!  She had a lot on her plate this weekend so I had to highlight her but the truth is I just couldn't be prouder of all 3 of them.  Life is oh so busy but getting to watch our kids have all these experiences is just so completely worth it.











No comments:

Post a Comment