Monday, June 18, 2018

Jumping into Summer!

End of the year Thornapple Elementary Whitecaps game!  With the end of the school year comes so many activities.  Thank goodness for any help we can get.  Grandpa took Carson to his Whitecaps game after they did some yard work together.  This was the same weekend as Carson and Laney's last soccer game, Laney's dance recital, and our sweet nephews Oliver and Nicholas getting baptized.  


 Pool time!  We have our summer pool membership back and Everson is LOVING it.
 Birthday fun with these cuties :-)







 New rock wall at school!
 
 We had some special visitors a couple weeks ago!  We just can't get enough of these sweet boys!

 Had to get up there right in the middle of dinner for the boys.  She was missing out on the floor!
 I've never seen two babies in a swing before but I hope I see it again because, well, is there anything cuter?!

 Again, had to get right in the middle :-)


 Always a little helper.

The kids elementary school has a "Mock Rock" every year.  I've never been to one because Carson has never even considered participating, I'm with you buddy I would never have either.  I read the note from school to Laney and she about hit the ceiling ready to get up and perform in front of everyone!  The kids have the choice of singing, lip syncing, and/or dancing to a song.  They could perform in groups or individually.  Laney was 1 of only 2 kindergarten performers.  There were about 40 performances you all...and she was one of the only little ones up there...all by herself...singing "22" by Taylor Swift!  AHHHH!  The braveness I just can't even.  The entire school was clapping and cheering for her.  I was actually subbing on this day and I can tell you that all of kindergarten was a buzz about Laney Brang performing by herself and rocking it out.  Patrick came from work to watch too.  My heart was racing I was so nervous for her as she lined up to perform.  Laney, you amaze me more and more every day.  I hope you are always as spirited and fearless as you were on this day.  I am so proud of you and incredibly envious of your bravery, your zest, your fire.  You are awesome in every way.  





 It's about time for our first lemonade stand!  The girls worked hard out there for a couple hours and man, they sold about 5 full jugs of lemonade worth!

 Last day HOORAY!

 As excited for summer as we all are, my kids were insanely sad to leave school on the last day.  Carson's favorite teacher, Mrs. Lareau, and our amazing principal, Mr. Shubel, both retired at the end of the school year.  It's a big loss for our school and my kids were not happy about it.  Carson couldn't sleep the night before the last day and what helped him was deciding to take his camera to school with him so he could get one last picture with his favorite people.
 I can't even talk to Mrs. LaReau without crying.  I did manage to get out a whimpering, wet, broken cry voice that she will forever be the best teacher Carson ever had.  I hope she knows that no matter where she goes or how many years go by, we are certain we will always talk about her and her incredible influence on Carson, and honestly, our whole family. 
 Carson and Mrs. Verberkmoes...another awesome teacher!  He LOVED her this year.
 And of course our principal, Mr. Shubel.  This man spent every one of his lunches working in the cafeteria.  Seriously.  Any teacher will know the kind of principal he was based on that.  He was in there opening milks, chatting with kids, cleaning up messes, every single day.  He knew every students name.  I imagine he would have been awesome to work with.  Big shoes to fill there!  Change is hard.
 Laney's last soccer game, in the rain, because it wouldn't be a Saturday morning if it wasn't raining or freezing.



 Just got Laney's ballet portrait.


 The Grand Rapids Triatholon is held in Ada every year, right around the corner from our house.  This year, the kids and I got up extra early and went out to watch the swimmers racing across the river and hopping on their bikes.  I've never been to one and it was amazing, these people who can swim, bike, and run...AMAZING.  We saw several teams pulling kids who had various types of disabilities.  The swimmer would literally pull them across the river in a small boat, then they would pull them in carts behind the bikes, and lastly push them in a cart/stroller for the run.  I could barely talk to the kids about it without crying.  It was so cool to witness.

 Cheering for the bike riders racing by our neighborhood entrance.  Next year we are bringing posters and signs!
 Doll time with Daddy.
 Nanna gets lots of company walking the halls now that school is out.
 Meijer Gardens with Grandpa!



 Petting farm at our library.


 I put Carson and his buddy Elliott to work one afternoon.  I need to do this more often!

 The first week off we went to Meijer Gardens, went to the pool twice, had 2 soccer clinics, 1 soccer tryout, went to a petting farm, biked to the farmer's market, and spent the day at the Detroit Zoo!  So long to my clean house there is no time for that!  Maybe I'll get a moment to breath in September.
 Grandpa came along and we met Auntie and Maeve there!






 Prairie Dogs!







 The girls LOVED these big turtles.


 After 5 hours at the zoo we were ready to eat some pizza, roast smores, and swim at Auntie's house!





 After spending the day with her cousin Maeve, Evie dug out her dolls pacifier and sucked on that little stick all morning.  Everson, I begged you to take one of those when you were a real baby.  Your day has passed little one.
Well hello Queen Everson!
 Putting this guy to work!  Patrick asked Carson if he wanted to try out mowing the front yard and you would have thought we had just bought him a horse or something he was so excited.  We thought he'd just do a row or two but he ended up mowing the whole thing with Patrick close by.  He's mowed it again already.  He's pretty proud :-)






















No comments:

Post a Comment