The beach and pool and beach and pool on repeat can be tough on a 3 year old!
The lizards all run when they see Laney coming! She'll get one eventually...oh and she'll pick it right up with her fingers too.
Patrick and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary while we were on our vacation, so we took the kids out to eat! We checked out Flagler Beach, walked the pier, ate at the Funky Pelican right on the water, and had some fantastic ice cream at Sally's.
This is the cutest video of Evie chasing a bird on the pier...
Evie was a little fish this whole trip. I mean, rarely ever came out of the water. The first few days she kept her swimmies on and just swam around with her face under water or floating on her back. We were actually able to lay back in a pool chair and relax while just watching the kids play. That was a first! Then she got brave and took those swimmies off and starting jumping in and swimming to us in the deep end! We were so impressed with her. It wasn't quite as relaxing as it was the first few days but we were all so happy with her swimming. Carson and Laney are her best cheerleaders. Way to go Evie! Check her out on the videos.
Carson and Laney are at each other all the time, but, for the most part, they get along great in the pool and in the ocean. Maybe that's why we loved this vacation so much?!
Turtle crossing!
Earlier this year I googled the best places for kids to swim with dolphins and surprisingly the #1 spot came up in Palm Coast at Marine Land. Who knew?! So I had to book a Dolphin Encounter for us! Patrick and Evie did a dockside dolphin encounter where they got to pet the dolphins from outside the pool. Evie enjoyed it but she was throwing a tantrum because I had left her behind and took the big kids with me, so there are no pictures and I'm pretty sure they didn't have nearly as much fun as us! We got to get right in with Lily the dolphin. We got to pet her, feed her, learned all about her, like that her fin looks like a lasagna noodle on the back and that's how they identify her, we swam out to the deep end and rode in by hanging on to her flippers, danced with her, and kissed her. Well, Carson ALMOST kissed her, he got close. Laney and I both went in for a big ole smooch! I'm certain the kids had the best time and I hope they'll always remember it, but I can promise you no one had more fun than me!
We can't thank Aunt Sarah and Uncle Mike enough for letting us stay in their gorgeous beach condo. We feel like the luckiest family alive when we are there! It's honestly our favorite place and we have so many memories there...and it gets better every time!
No comments:
Post a Comment