Yep, they got right into that chicken coop.
Play dates with Kate are Laney's favorite :-)
Grandpa, Patrick, and I took the kids for a last minute trip to Michigan Adventure. My body really hates this place but man the kids just LOVE it!
Luckily, after this ride that pretty much did Patrick and I in, they let the kids ride it over again by themselves while we waited. Oh to be young again. I used to LOVE rollercoasters. Now they just hurt.
And for the big surprise...Grandma, Grandpa, and Auntie took the kids to the Children's Museum on Saturday morning so Patrick and I could go to a "meeting"....
and we actually came home with a golden retriever pup! I've always wanted a golden retriever and it just so happens that someone Patrick went to high school with had a litter ready to go. We thought about it long and hard, not really wanting to do the whole puppy deal, but we felt like with the kids being so young a puppy was the right way to go (also the more difficult of course). Meet Charlotte!
Laney screamed when she saw her and Carson just about cried (happy tears of course!). Evie asked us when the puppy was going to go home.
It took about 24 hours but Evie came around to little Charlotte. They are actually best buds by now. Evie is constantly asking where her puppy is, she holds the leash to take her outside (EVERY TIME), she gives her treats, and she loves petting her and laying with her when she's sleepy. She's also figured out how to be dominate when Charlotte is jumping on her. Evie not letting some puppy take over her boss status that's for sure!
Evie watches Charlotte lay behind the chair and chew on her toys all the time. One day I was walking by and I caught her sitting behind the same chair putting a dog toy in her mouth. She just had to see what the fuss was all about.
Charlotte is a sweetie and as much work as she is gosh we all love her so much! She's been with us to a few parks, the dog park, some pet supply stores, and lots of trips to the bus stop. She just loves meeting all the kids in the neighborhood and getting lots of attention.
Sleepover with Maeve!
Patrick and I ran the CRIM together this year. It was so nice because Grandma and Grandpa Brang took ALL 3 kids to their house for a sleepover (Evie's first!) and Auntie came over to play with Charlotte for us.
Back to school. Ugh. I know it's time but I HATE to see summer end. Laney is in 2nd grade wanting to either be a cashier or a teacher and Carson is moving on to the 5th -6th building and wants to be a gamer (whatever that is). These kids better have a good response when their teachers ask them what they did this summer. Let's see, we had a Whitecaps game, a couple trips to Uncle Tom's cottage, lemonade stands, boat rides, Holland State Park Beach day, Ludington Beach day, Camp Henry, 2 trips to Traverse City, the John Ball Zoo, Meijer Gardens, cherry picking, a trip to Aunt Sarah and Uncle Mike's lake house, a week in Florida, swimming with the dolphins, tubing, kayaking, jet skiing, Boulder Ridge Animal Park, slip n slide adventures, dozens of trips to the pool, and Michigan State tailgating and football game! That's just what I can come up with on the top of my head! I get so sad when it all comes to an end...but we have a lot to look forward to this Fall. Laney and Carson are both playing travel soccer this year, and Carson is trying out a fall baseball league as well. And guess who his coaches are? The one and only Patrick Brang! Patrick is the head coach and Uncle Adam is helping him out as an assistant coach. Carson, you are one lucky kid. Everson is starting preschool this week and starting up her next level of swim lessons as well. I guess it's time to get this school year started!
Carson's on a different bus this year and everything. My heart can barely handle it!
Charlotte knows just where to sit when Evie is eating. That didn't take long. Welcome to the family Charlotte :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment