Monday, April 27, 2020

Turning 8, Easter Sunday, and more Hiking!



Happy 8th birthday Laney Kay!  You are getting taller and sweeter by the day!  Laney loves to have something to look forward too, in fact, she's already busy planning out my birthday now which is over a month away!  She loves cake and presents and birthdays are just her JAM!  This quarantine has her self-teaching herself gymnastics like no other.  She can do back walkovers all over the yard, she can do a back handspring by herself, and is working on her aerial.  She's been face timing with her friends and she misses going to school like crazy.   I wish she could go to school too but I have to say I love spending my days with her!  She's decided she's going to be a cashier, a waitress at Founders, and a nurse someday, in that order.  We had planned a cupcake making birthday party for Laney and her friends, but she rolled with our quarantine birthday celebration and decided afterwards that it was her BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!  Of course she would, she's always grateful you can count on that, always grateful.  

The day before Laney's birthday was rough for me, mentally, I don't remember why now.  But after the kids went to bed and I was about to breakdown, Carson came down with this homemade Fortnite gift card to give to Laney with her other presents.  He was getting her a new "skin" whatever that means.  He totally flipped my day around and make me so happy when I saw what he had worked on for her.  Carson saved the day!  


As always, we started the day off with breakfast in bed from Sprinkles Donuts, then a scavenger hunt for the presents!

The Ada Fire Department made a house call just to wish Laney a Happy Birthday!  That was super fun for all of us.  All the neighbors came out to their yards to wave for the drive by. 



Zoom Family Party!




Grandma and Grandpa, Auntie and Maeve stopped by (abiding by social distancing of course), and had a special package for the kids from Aunt Roxie and Uncle Jeff.  Giant lollipops full of mini lollipops!  What a treat!
Laney picked hotdogs for lunch and steak for dinner.  It really was a great, happy day.  Happy 8th birthday Laney Cray-craze! 
Making princess cakes that she got from Aunt Beth for her birthday.  So fun!

Laney's birthday weekend was also Easter weekend!  A lot of fun (and sugar) packed into one weekend!  The kids usually dye Easter eggs with Grandma, but not this year unfortunately.  I have to say it was NOT as much fun as it usually is.  I got some smiles for the pics but there was mostly fighting and complaining, I guess Grandma has the magic touch.  


Easter morning!  Easter bunny made it!
Evie was like, "Oh yeah I guess I do like this Easter bunny guy!".

Easter egg hunt!

Opening eggs while watching Easter service.  Evie was looking down at candy but yelling, "He is Risen!". 
On Easter we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's house in the afternoon so say hello.  Stayed away in the driveway but Grandpa took these pics from the garage. 

 We took Patrick with us to Ken-O-Sha Trails, the kids favorite, and found a new spot to play!  Charlotte ended up going in the water and getting her leg stuck on a log.  I went out on some rocks to save her, cautiously, and as I was focusing I heard Patrick say, "Watch carefully kids.  We are going to remember what's about to happen for the rest of our lives".  I knew with how confident he was that I was going in that this wasn't good.  I did save her, and made it back until the VERY LAST STEP, when my one foot went right in.  UGH!  He was right, but not as dramatic as he imagined.  It was a wet, soppy walk back to the car, but totally worth it!




 Walking at Roselle Park! 




 New beads from a family that Patrick works with.  They dropped off toys to ALL the kids from ALL the families that work at Founders.  That's  A LOT of kids and A LOT of time!  Thanks Mr. Brad and Ms. Michelle!
 I keep trying to find new things for Evie to do for her "school" while the big kids are in their "school".  She's the tough one!





 Grand River Park. This was a MUDDY walk. 


 Painting outside in the SUN!!!!


 We have been good use out of this bounce house lately. 

 Lost another tooth!
 Playing with kinetic sand that Auntie gave Laney for her birthday. 

 Got some birthday gifts in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa Brang!  Evie LOVES this dominoe train!  So many new things to play with!
 And then there was more snow...no, this isn't an OLD picture...this was just last week.  Fun times here in Michigan.  Love it. 

 Got her dolly's to sleep and decided there was room in there for her too. 
 More HIKING!!! Peace Park. 



 One of my favorite pics, and I didn't even ask them to sit like that!  What?!?!  They can be cute SOMETIMES.  I'm sure it was back to fighting on the way home. 







No comments:

Post a Comment