We flew back from Spring Break and headed straight into Laney's 11th birthday (her GOLDEN birthday!) and Easter Sunday. I can't believe how big this post no wonder I'm so tired. The end of the school year is so busy!
Laney had school and then right into soccer practice on her birthday. Carson had a track meet, so it was a whirlwind of a day but we brought cupcakes and she got to celebrate with her team so she was HAPPY! It was so busy for everyone that Auntie had to drive to the parking lot where Laney practices just to see her and give her a gift after practice.
Easter Sunday! Evie gave speech bubbles to the characters on the church bulletin. It says, "Nice bread, thanks.". She's of course referring to communion. I just had to take a pic.
Carson and his best pal Graham competed in the Solo Ensemble Festival again this year and AGAIN got the highest score and a medal! They sound so amazing together.
Soccer Saturday!
These are pics Laney's teacher sent of her doing a recycling presentation to a couple of classrooms as part of the HIT team. She amazes me everyday.
11th birthday party!! We took Laney and 9 of her friends to Battle GR for laser and archery tag. The car ride was bumpin with all those DJ's together.
We even got to watch Eliana play soccer!
Evie's 1st grade Musical!! She was so excited for this night...and wow...she is QUITE the PERFOMER!
Laney and Carson were so excited to explore their old stomping grounds and say hi to Mr. Lyon!
YMCA overnight camp for the GIRL SCOUTS!!! It was cold and wet but she had a blast!
I mean....really???
The bangs. Oh the bangs. Evie has been asking for bangs for months. No. No no no no no no no. Do you know how long it takes to grow out bangs? Do you remember pinning them back for months and months? Well, she got bangs. The day she had a hair appointment, and my answer was still no, our school office secretary says, " I heard she's getting bangs today?!". Then the custodian, Mr. Howard, "Can't wait to see Evie's bangs tomorrow!"...my co worker Mrs. Miller, "Exciting day I heard we are getting bangs!".....OMG she was telling EVERYONE! I saw myself as a Grandma with my kids all grown and her growling at me that I never let her get bangs when she wanted them in first grade. So I caved. Ms. Nicole's face (our hair stylist) when I told her she was going with bangs was priceless. BUT, I have to say, they are so adorable on her. Everyone loves them and most importantly, SHE loves them. For now. At least this won't be on their list of complaints when they are older. And Laney went with curtain bangs (super trendy right now I hear). I mean why not? Love these girls.
This sweet kid. He's been going to Confirmation classes (begrudgingly) for 3 years. I don't think he realized how big of a deal this was! He was STUNNED when he found out his WHOLE family was coming to celebrate with him. His God Parents, Auntie and Aunt Beth, were there with us, and I just kept getting flashes of them along with Carson the day he got baptized. Time is such a thief. It meant so much to us that everyone made such an effort to make it, and I KNOW it meant the WORLD to Carson. It is not lost on me what an incredible privilege it is to be a part of such a supportive, loving family.
What a fun Sunday with our family! We can't thank them all enough!
First Grade Starbooks Cafe Carson is almost through his second track season, still rocking those hurdles!
Abigail and Laney = Best Soccer Buddies since 1st gradeOur little actress :-)
Whitecaps Game with Thornapple Elementary! I love that my JOB is to get to hang out with Evie on special trips!
Some Friday Fun with great friends!
We had a great day...church, family brunch with Auntie and Grandma, soccer game, dinner, and ice cream!





















No comments:
Post a Comment