Tuesday, June 13, 2023

End of the School Year = a BLUR

 

A couple school pics!  I was with my fourth graders learning about construction on STEM day up top, and Evie is experimenting with her classmates in the STEM lab below! 



Oh dance recital, how we have WAITED!  Evie's long awaited Hip-Hop dance recital fell on the exact day of Laneys soccer tournament up in Traverse City, the Cherry Cup.  It was a big scheduling dilemma in the Brang house.  We came up with Patrick taking Laney to her tournament and me staying back with Carson and Evie for the big recital.  Patrick and I were both sad to miss one or the other but hey, we made it work!  Maeve was in the recital too with a different class.  We actually ran into Patrick Aunt Sarah and Uncle Mike there to watch their granddaughter, Claire, dance as well!



Evie, Colin, and Aleah!













I missed the whole soccer tournament experience, but it was SO worth is to see this cute little dancer break it down! 
On Sunday I drove up to Traverse City for the day to watch Laney play.  They won their last game with gave them a spot in the championship game!  They ended up losing on a last minute play.  It was pretty devastating for Laney, especially being in that goalie spot, but man she played her heart out that weekend.  I've honestly never seen her play better.  She was so tough, so resiliant, so positive, so focused....ugh it was such a hard loss.  I think there are always good lessons that come out of loss though.  Her team really rallied together and supported each other to the bitter sweet end.  They learned so much about being a good teammate, supporting and challenging each other, building each other up, and it all starts with Coach Bre.  We are so grateful for our coach!  


Grandpa Brang came to cheer Laney on ALL weekend!




2nd place trophy...we will TAKE it!  Look at all that love and joy.  

Just a quick shot of Evie reading...she transitioned to reading chapter books on her own like the big kids do.  I'm not sad about it.  Nope. Not sad that I lost my last reading buddy.


While Evie and Laney had their big dance/soccer weekend, Carson was busy Dog-Sitting for Disney.  He really did a great job caring for her on his own.  He has such a heart for the pups. 


Last 8th grade orchestra concert!  Way to go Carson!

Laney's team passes the trophy around and they all take creative pics with it.  Laney's ofcourse included Mike n Ike's.  

Stuffy day at school!
Memorial Day weekend!  We started off the weekend with the BEST day at Uncle Tom's Cottage!  



The water was FREEZING but none of the kids seemed to mind at all. 







The next day my Mom made me dinner for my big 4-2.  



And we rounded off the weekend with some golf and family time at our house!  Loving all these sunny days!!


Carson "graduated" 8th grade (cue the tears), which means he's moving on to high school! I am in DEEP denial.  Don't even talk to me about it.  



Park day for Evie's class!  Love when I get to go on a field trip with Evie as part of my work day.  I'm so lucky! 


This girl right here, she is this little short thing that I chase around all summer long.  She's a baby!  She was in our wedding 19 years ago as our flower girl.  She CAN'T be all grown up, a doctor, getting married, and heading off the Maine for her internship!  Talk about full circle, watch your flower girl walking down the aisle to get married.  How did she get older but I didn't?  We love you Carly!  And we are so happy for you and Evan.  

Zingermann's Farm...best graham cracker I've had EVER in my LIFE...EVER.  



Carly and Bobbi...you really hold a place in my heart you two.  Some of my favorite people right there. 
Grandma and Grandpa Brang watched the kids while we went to Carly and Evan's wedding, and then they stayed for Evie's final soccer game!  


Celebrating Uncle Adam and Patrick's birthdays! 




Laney was in a dance with 3 of her friends in the CW Variety Show.  I love it because 2 of the girls I've never even heard of.  This girl is so good about making NEW friends!  


Happy birthday Dad!  Nice, Carson :-0


Last practices, last day parties, last day of school!!  We are all super excited, but I have to say that both girls are honestly sad about leaving their teachers.  It's hard to let go of exceptional teachers, and Laney and Evie definitely both hit the lottery with theirs.



Let the summer begin...





















No comments:

Post a Comment