School ended and BLINK, here we are over halfway through with summer. I don't know. I just don't understand how life can go this fast. It must be ALL THE FUN!!! We LOVE SUMMER!!!
To start us off, Evie CHOSE to try out the Camp Henry Mini Camp starting the weekend school got out. She spent 3 nights and 4 days at Camp Henry. She didn't know anyone (Carson and Laney go the full week later in the summer). She was oh so sure she wanted to do this herself. I know she was so nervous and anxious when Laney and I dropped her off. I just whispered in her ear, "Be brave" and had to walk away. It was so hard because I could tell she was having second thoughts, but the teacher in my also knew that I needed to just walk away with a smile and get out of there fast!
She did it! They had the WORST weather, rain every single day...and chilly. She came back full of dirt and mudd, but she came back smiling with lots of funny tales from her adventures. She missed home, but I'm so proud of her for choosing to try something new even when she was so scared. She thinks she wants to try the full week with the big kids next year, but she'll decide for herself when it gets closer. Way to be brave Evie!
Back from camp and back to SUMMER! Starting with a sleepover with Hamsika! Pedi's to start summer off on the right "foot". Get it?
Happy 4th birthday Charlotte! Had to get special treats for both of them of course.
Happy Father's Day!
Love getting so spend Sunday Funday's with our family!
Father's Day golfing with my Dad!
She wants a selfie with me? I'll take it.
Farmer's Market hot dogs.
Carson and I love taking the dogs out to the dog park....it was the first time there weren't any other dogs!
Pool Days!
Gotta get some swim lessons in there.
Soccer camp was SO HOT that the fire truck showed up to cool everyone off!
Play dates!
Dance clinic...Evie's fav of the summer.
Milkshakes, and more sleepovers.
Birthday party pool party! Happy birthday Poppy!
Carson got to go to Lake Michigan with the Fricano's. Lucky duck.
Pool Party!!!
I spy Carson! He's 3rd from the left in the blue shirt. Good thing I know his clothes.
That's Laney standing on the right with both her hands up in the air. I think that sums up her week at Camp Henry.
While the big kids were gone, we all found a way to make it through the week without them :-) We started off having Mr. Cam, Ms. Sarah, Ms, Kate, Ms. Dom, Poppy, Renley, and Bennett over for dinner.
A play date with our buddy from school, Elena.
Got to see Uncle Mike's band play at Meijer Gardens with Aunt Sarah, Aunt Dawn, and Uncle Tom!
We broke Maren and Maeve out of daycare for the afternoon and had ourselves a DAY OF FUN! McDonalds lunch, water slides, and out for icecream!
Evie got to have a sleepover with Grandm and Grandpa, as requested.
I'd say our week without the big kids wasn't so terrible.
See ya June! Fastest. Month. Ever.








No comments:
Post a Comment