Carson and Laney have been playing on the playgrounds at Thornapple Elementary where Carson will be going to kindergarten this year. It has 4 playgrounds...all up to Carson's standards :)
I took the kids and Max to Boulder Ridge Animal Park last week and we had a blast! Carson's favorite was the safari ride.
They had HUGE crocodiles and we were able to get way closer than I ever thought we could.
Carson INSISTED on going into the bird cage to feed the birds (I did everything to stop him because last year at the zoo a bird pooped on my head in one of these things)...so I break down and take them in with their feeding sticks and about 2 seconds after I took this picture of Carson the bird touched his finger and he FREAKED out...I mean screaming terrified. Other adults had to help me get him out. All the while workers were chasing Laney around trying to keep her from grabbing and kicking the birds. I looked over and just see her stampeding at groups of birds on the ground with them squawking flying all around her. Letting them eat from the stick she was holding just wasn't enough. Max observed all the madness from the sidelines. Those birds.
Carson wanted to learn how the sewing machine works so he helped me sew up four sleeping bags for his four friends with my scrap fabric. After we finished he said, "That was fun Mom!".
No comments:
Post a Comment